Gabriel Seth model - parts?

Wolf Lord Duregar

Oi, Red Beakeez! I ´áve a querie fer ya..

Oops, I mean . Honoured Brethren, Sons of the glorious Sanguinius..

Err..

I have always had a very soft spot for the Flesh Teaers (I used to play Bloong Angels too in 3rd Ed..) but took a long break from 40k in 4th Ed.. Now back. And I was glad to see a model for Seth.

It means it is time to make a little band of Flesh Teaers - my passion is mainly converting and painting these days so gonna nick chain axes and double edged chain swords from all over..

But my question is - the Gabriel Seth model - it looks like he is moulded with the head on the torso? Is it hard to remove and replace with another one you think? I really like bare heads with the respirator you often see Tactical Marines with flamers, wearing..

Glad to join the rank of the 2nd coolest Chapter(s)..

;)

Cool, I´ll pick him up and have alook. he looks cool as is, I just think he would look even cooler with a respirator - so he doesn´t have to inhale the gore of the slain xenos or traitors.. ;)

But, but, he likes it!

Been very tempted to Primarisize Seth myself. Good to know the head can come out easily.

How do you Flesh Tearer Brotehrs feel about Primaris Marines? *We* rejected them, correct?

I have yet to buy any and I am not sure whare to go.. I like the old Marines and probably would not mind going that route.. But the Primaris look cool and the rules are interesting.. Reivers (with chainswords for looks) would be pretty cool FTs.. Blade for sneaky kills, chainswords ripped out for shock assaults..

Intercessors seems interesting too, decently cheap with bolt rifles and can beat many opponents to a pulp in assaults still? Possibly with character-support..

That means ignoring the fluff of course..

Maybe start out with proper Marines?

How do you Flesh Tearer Brotehrs feel about Primaris Marines? *We* rejected them, correct?

I have yet to buy any and I am not sure whare to go.. I like the old Marines and probably would not mind going that route.. But the Primaris look cool and the rules are interesting.. Reivers (with chainswords for looks) would be pretty cool FTs.. Blade for sneaky kills, chainswords ripped out for shock assaults..

Intercessors seems interesting too, decently cheap with bolt rifles and can beat many opponents to a pulp in assaults still? Possibly with character-support..

I'm in the same boat. I want to do Flesh Tearers, but Primaris, as they are, dont 'feel' Flesh Tearers'y. However then neither do tactical marines, etc etc. Intercessors still get 3A on the charge so beat other dudes up. My thought was Reivers with Chain Axes for all the awesome. I might end up doing some form of "Sanguine Crusade" Army incorporating all the successors.  

As for the rejection, Seth said he hated them after knowing them for a week. Since then the Primaris have been shown to get pretty...angry...themselves. Dark Angels were also suspicious, but have since incorporated them into the inner circle. After 200 years of the Indomitus crusade, and after seeing a primaris punch a carnosaur to death, I'm sure Seth will change his mind. He's a pragmatist over everything else. 

Edited by Xenith

I'm in the same boat. I want to do Flesh Tearers, but Primaris, as they are, dont 'feel' Flesh Tearers'y. However then neither do tactical marines, etc etc. Intercessors still get 3A on the charge so beat other dudes up. My thought was Reivers with Chain Axes for all the awesome. I might end up doing some form of "Sanguine Crusade" Army incorporating all the successors.  

As for the rejection, Seth said he hated them after knowing them for a week. Since then the Primaris have been shown to get pretty...angry...themselves. Dark Angels were also suspicious, but have since incorporated them into the inner circle. After 200 years of the Indomitus crusade, and after seeing a primaris punch a carnosaur to death, I'm sure Seth will change his mind. He's a pragmatist over everything else.

Yeah, this.

Remember: Per the Blood Angels 8th edition Codex, Brother Corbulo was DISTURBED by how brutal Blood Angels Primaris Marines can get when they get going. Because they're using purified and refined gene-seed from the stores on Terra. And with the fluff describing the butchery BA Primaris can get up to, it might be the IX  Legion gene-seed, and possibly before Sanguinius was reunited with his Legion. When the Ninth was known as the "Corpse Eaters", and disturbed the World Eaters and Night Lords Legions with their butchery.

Something else to keep in mind, Flesh Tearer fanboi here, is that they were almost nearly wiped clean. There is a named Chaplain, Seth and a few of the old boys left. That is it. If you wanted to make a force representing post Devastation of Baal you may want to have 10-30 regular marines left in First Company and everything else is Primaris. Maybe have some terminators and the rest of the force primaris? Well either way you go they are going to look fantastic. Also if you are into battle dmg and effects I would seriously look into getting some Tamiya Red for blood effects. :D

Something else to keep in mind, Flesh Tearer fanboi here, is that they were almost nearly wiped clean. There is a named Chaplain, Seth and a few of the old boys left. That is it. If you wanted to make a force representing post Devastation of Baal you may want to have 10-30 regular marines left in First Company and everything else is Primaris. Maybe have some terminators and the rest of the force primaris? Well either way you go they are going to look fantastic. Also if you are into battle dmg and effects I would seriously look into getting some Tamiya Red for blood effects. :biggrin.:

They most likely produced regular Scouts parallel to Primaris just like the parent chapter did.

Still less than 150 Flesh Tearers plus a few dreadnoughts survived the battle for Baal Primus. 5 Thunderhawks were mentioned, each with a 30-man transport capacity, dreads taking up the place of 5 men. Some died aboard those Thunderhawks as well due to wounds or rage fits. 

There were definitely some FTs aboard the Victus and possibly some other remaining vessels, but that's it. 
I cannot imagine those few surviving FTs just going to ground to rebuild their strength for a couple of centuries only to avoid taking in Primaris :P

Cool, I really need to read up on the latest lore.. Where should I start? I have just skimmed the BA Codex, don´t remember too much about the Flesh Tearers in the Battle of Baal (?).. Oops?

Still trying to catch up with all the stuff since my almost 10 year (?) hiatus..:blush.:

Tamita Red huh? I have a bunch of those! Never brush painted Tamiya acrylics though - always heard that was not good..? I have loads of Tamiya and MR Paint and Mr Color since this is what I did when I was not doing 40k models.. :wink:

Tamiya acrylics go so nicely through that airbrush.. And I look forward to use it for Marines!

48992026252_fcc8833c97_c.jpg

It took me a little while to get really into the Primaris.. Was afraid they were too specialized and too shooty.. But I think I can make an (almost) Primaris Force, even for Flesh Tearers work.. Or atleast look cool.. :wink:

The only ones I am not sold on, totally, are the jump pack ones.. For some reasons.. Reivers are ultra cool however...

Cool, I really need to read up on the latest lore.. Where should I start? I have just skimmed the BA Codex, don´t remember too much about the Flesh Tearers in the Battle of Baal (?).. Oops?

Still trying to catch up with all the stuff since my almost 10 year (?) hiatus..:blush.:

Tamita Red huh? I have a bunch of those! Never brush painted Tamiya acrylics though - always heard that was not good..? I have loads of Tamiya and MR Paint and Mr Color since this is what I did when I was not doing 40k models.. :wink:

Tamiya Clear Red. Sorry. :(

Here is a little article on how to use it but there are guides all over the place. It is amazing for the realistic look it gives.

http://www.wampforum.com/VB4/showthread.php?t=9031