Blood Angels Terminator - Old School

Legiocustodes

After playing a fantastic game of Space Hulk with my girlfriend last weekend I was well and truly bitten by the retro Oldhammer bug (again)!

The sheer pleasure of moving those bulky Space Marine Terminators down tight, claustrophobic corridors simply reinvigorated my love for all things 1980s and I just needed more!

OHpluih.jpg

I looked at those beautiful Terminators pictured on the side of the box and the large painting on the game’s main cover and I knew that I had to paint up some more of my own astartes warriors clad in mighty suits of Tactical Dreadnought Armour!

mxrRgRL.jpg

Now as most of you will know my main Rogue Trader Space Marine Force is a full Company of Salamanders that I have been working on for over a decade.

However this time I fancied something different and decided to go for the iconic red clad Blood Angels.

With this in mind I set about producing the first test model pictured above (complete with Goblin Green Base and original chapter decal from 1989)...

zHLIXIe.jpg

My colour scheme and overall theme was inspired by the Blood Angel Terminator that is pictured on the cover of this 1992 Citadel Painting Guide.

I remember that I loved absolutely loved this picture when I was growing up and I literally spent hours staring at it wishing that I could achieve a similar looking model!

I’m really happy with how my test model has turned out... so I guess I’m going to have to do a whole squad now!!!

More hobby goodness on my blog at:

https://classicastartes.blogspot.com/2019/10/blog-post_27.html?m=1