Alpha legion WIP my own personal heresy

Me and the missus decided on alpha legion for our chaos minis from shadowspear (something for the black templars to fight) and I wanted to pick up a nice metallic teal colour for the base armour. I found this interesting paint on Amazon 'viva decor Maya gold, petrol' I was quite surprised with the result and wanted to share.

gallery_162555_15935_316993.jpg

I had to matte down the base with nuln oil for the transitions as they just looked blue on camera, but to the naked eye they are blue transitioning to a green turquoise.

This is great research.  We use Tamiya's Metallic Colour spraypaint range, and I think it's a little thicker than this.  We then ink with Tamiya Smoke, which makes it even thicker.  This is very interesting, thank you for sharing the info.

Experiments with a brush: It's quite thick out of the pot, tried thinning down with water and it seemed to separate the metallic pigments. So I tried again with a touch of liquitex flow-aid instead of water and that sorted it out, it brushed on quite nicely then. Will do some more work on them and see how they go.