Mithril Silver - Coat d'Arms / others?

Hey all.

I'm finally running out of Mithril Silver - painting three Rhino-based vehicles and a Stormraven in a year will do that! - and I've noticed that none of the current Citadel paints are an exact match. I know that Coat d'arms has the same formula as old Citadel paints, so I'm considering buying a few pots of their Enchanted Silver. Coat d'arms are currently owned by Black Hat miniatures. Has anyone ordered from them recently? I'm asking because their website's copyright hasn't been updated since 2015 (and neither has the design of their online shop, frankly).

Some follow-up questions:

1. If I were to buy a decent-sized stockpile to save myself the hassle, what's the best way to store paints long-term? If there even is such a thing.
  2. I've checked paint compatibility charts across the internet, but has anyone had actual experience matching other manufacturers' paints to Mithril Silver? I have Army Painter's Shining Silver coming in the mail which I plan to test, but from what I understand, Vallejo Model Colour's Silver 997 is also supposed to match. Can anyone vouch for this?

Thanks in advance, frater!

The Coat d-arms pots are the same as the oldschool GW pots from the 90's, I still have a few of those pots going strong, so those pots have a lid design that when kept clean they seal the pot good enough for decades. To make sure, store the pots upside down, and have paint rest against the lid seal and whatever air contact made at the seal it will make the paint dry against the seal there and that dried paint will for sure seal any gap.

I haven't ordered from them but they are open enough to post their address and phone number on their website, you could always call them for a chat regarding deliveries and postage.

Black Hat Miniatures
Nyetimber,
Norfolk Farm Road
Pyrford
Surrey
GU22 8LF
Tel: +44 (0)1483 855757

Edited by Imren

The Coat d-arms pots are the same as the oldschool GW pots from the 90's, I still have a few of those pots going strong, so those pots have a lid design that when kept clean they seal the pot good enough for decades. To make sure, store the pots upside down, and have paint rest against the lid seal and whatever air contact made at the seal it will make the paint dry against the seal there and that dried paint will for sure seal any gap.

I haven't ordered from them but they are open enough to post their address and phone number on their website, you could always call them for a chat regarding deliveries and postage.

Black Hat Miniatures

Nyetimber,

Norfolk Farm Road

Pyrford

Surrey

GU22 8LF

Tel: +44 (0)1483 855757

Good tip on the paint storage. Cheers buddy! Yeah, I'll just get in touch with them. Thanks!

Have you tried Shining Silver from Army Painter?

I know some of their paints match exactly to the older Citadel, Gun Metal matches to Boltgun Metal, Angel Green to Dark Angels Green. I dont know if their Shining Silver matches to Mithril or not, but its worth a shot. Might be easier to come by than Coat d-Arms.