The inevitable Black Rage in Primaris.

Dont-Be-Haten

If we get DC Primaris I really hope we will be able to play them mixed with ordinary DC. Would feel strange from a lore perspective to have separate DC and DC primaris units. What do you think?

There might be some fluff that primaris fall as squads and suddenly on the battlefield.

If we get DC Primaris I really hope we will be able to play them mixed with ordinary DC. Would feel strange from a lore perspective to have separate DC and DC primaris units. What do you think?

There might be some fluff that primaris fall as squads and suddenly on the battlefield.

my gosh i hope not! Because that would suggest they're falling more quickly to the rage than even their older brethren.

Marins succumbing is supposed to be relatively rare, which is why when they do they're grouped into a unit together. And those units were traditionally quite small too.

I've no doubt it'll be a stratagem, but i really wish it weren't and I definitely wish they wouldn't do that instead of veteran intercessors. The implication would be that our primaris simply don't last long enough to become veterans, which would be more than a bit lame.

I can already tell i'll be disappointed. But I do have hope despite knowing what will happen (much like Sanguinius before fighting Horus)

my gosh i hope not! Because that would suggest they're falling more quickly to the rage than even their older brethren.

Marins succumbing is supposed to be relatively rare, which is why when they do they're grouped into a unit together. And those units were traditionally quite small too.

I've no doubt it'll be a stratagem, but i really wish it weren't and I definitely wish they wouldn't do that instead of veteran intercessors. The implication would be that our primaris simply don't last long enough to become veterans, which would be more than a bit lame.

I can already tell i'll be disappointed. But I do have hope despite knowing what will happen (much like Sanguinius before fighting Horus)

I feel the exact same way. It's a real pity GH thinks we wont be BA without the black rage. But Se la ve.

Unlikely.

More likely it's just another artificial separation between the old and new range of Marines. Deathwatch can't mix regular Marines and Primaris either.

All my foot DC are those bad boys :D They are quality sculpts that stand the test of time!

As for DC primaris... I guess that's one thing I missed off my list of Primaris equivilants for old Marines I need before I'd ever consider crossing the rubicon myself. Why, since I'm here I'll add in Sanguinary Guard too :teehee:

Would people be happy with a strat to make a Primaris unit succumb to the black rage, thus gaining all associated rules?

Personally I would rather get the veterans stratagem over death visions for a unit. DC are glass cannons, maybe making them 2 wounds and footies only wouldn't be terrible giving them a 6+++. However, I would rather there be a stratagem representing them falling to the red thirst over black rage.

If they do make it a stratagem, it will make me hopeful people wont abuse it. As a fluff player seeing an entire army of death company marines frustrates me.

Would people be happy with a strat to make a Primaris unit succumb to the black rage, thus gaining all associated rules?

Only if it doesn't exclude a proper Primaris DC release later one. Same deal as with Veterans, really. It would also suck if it'd replace a potential Veteran upgrade like you vanilla guys got, however I guess that's what we have to expect.

I want to do veteran intercessors. It's been a thing I've wanted since before vigilus. It was annoying to not get them back when vigilus came out. If we dont now, itll be even more rubbish.

Death company are important to fluff etc. But so are veterans and a great many other things.

"WITH A NEW GAMING SUPPLEMENT IN THE WORKS" that is intriguing.

PA3 perhaps? Or something longer term?

It could be either really. We know PA:3 features BA so it's a very strong candidate, but it is also possible that there's a V2 BA codex in the works since both CSM and SM got an update of sort this year.

It could also be... both, although with one much sooner than the other.

Theme-wise? I’m fine with it.

But practically I don’t think I’d ever use it - no worthwhile primaris cc units yet imo.

What about Aggressors? Combined with Shock Assault that is 5 power fist attacks per model on the charge (6 on the Serg) and the 6+++ would be kinda handy now that they are 3-wounds each (especially if you want the Standard of Sacrifice somewhere else).

What about Aggressors? Combined with Shock Assault that is 5 power fist attacks per model on the charge (6 on the Serg) and the 6+++ would be kinda handy now that they are 3-wounds each (especially if you want the Standard of Sacrifice somewhere else).

Not bad, but I’d want a better way to get them to cc (which basically means jump pack)

Although I reckon if it’s a stategem it’ll be restricted to intercessors... maybe reivers?

Not bad, but I’d want a better way to get them to cc (which basically means jump pack)

Although I reckon if it’s a stategem it’ll be restricted to intercessors... maybe reivers?

A fair point but a Stratagem is different to an upgrade you pay points for. If you are taking Aggressors and your opponent has a melee-centric army (bit of a rarity in 8th but they are our there :tongue.: ), they you can choose to have the Aggressors fall to the Black Rage as form of aggressive defence. Any thing that gets through their overwatch will get hit even harder in melee.

Rather than looking at "what would be the more powerfull" we should look to "what is the most faithful", and in this regard, i believe that while all units can become Death Company, if the DC was given a Primaris special kit, i would prefer it to be like the one we already have, with a Tactical Power Armour, and the option for jump pack or not. But, if the option wasn't given via the kit, then i would prefer the kit to be a jump pack one. (Not something like the Inceptors or Shrike, something more either classical, or like the DC chaplain winged jump pack.)

As a Blood Angels player who frequently uses the fallen brothers and as a fluff-nut, I’d say that despite internet culture and memes, not everything is made better by making it Death company. DC marines, DC terminators, DC dreads, DC captains...if you want to play black marines, there’s loads of goth-coloured chapters out there to choose from.

We’d benefit more greatly from specialized primaris units and stuff like Intercessor veterans, to show that on the surface, the Blood Angels still are red marines - which is what we’re supposed to be. The DC appear because the gene seed of the 9th has become flawed, not because it’s a fancy gimmick you can slap on everything. If everyone is special, no one really is.

Rather than looking at "what would be the more powerfull" we should look to "what is the most faithful", and in this regard, i believe that while all units can become Death Company, if the DC was given a Primaris special kit, i would prefer it to be like the one we already have, with a Tactical Power Armour, and the option for jump pack or not. But, if the option wasn't given via the kit, then i would prefer the kit to be a jump pack one. (Not something like the Inceptors or Shrike, something more either classical, or like the DC chaplain winged jump pack.)

I get your point but "what is more faithful" is a movable target - the death company have had loads of different approaches and rules over editions. For me personally, I like the idea of a stratagem - it makes more sense to me that blood angels fall in the eve of battle and they go into the fight in whatever arms and armour they have (suitably blackened out) rather than them being loaded up with bespoke wargear.

I get your point but "what is more faithful" is a movable target - the death company have had loads of different approaches and rules over editions. For me personally, I like the idea of a stratagem - it makes more sense to me that blood angels fall in the eve of battle and they go into the fight in whatever arms and armour they have (suitably blackened out) rather than them being loaded up with bespoke wargear.

While reading your comment, and looking at the Blood Angels range evolution, something came to my mind, that credit the opinion of a Death Company Stratagem.

Indeed, we, out of habbit, tend to think of Death Company through the Death Company box, which for a long time was one of the few Blood Angels kit. But looking at things now, even a Blood Angels Tactical Squad box could make a great Death Company, and like many i do love mixing the Death Company kit with the others of the Blood Angels range.

So...what would that mean in the end for Blood Angels following this "way of though"....well, it would lead to a Primaris Blood Angels Tactical Squad, on the same tone that the classic Astartes one, but with bits that could be either for Non-DC or for DC Primaris. Plus alongisde such a box, we could have a more dedicated upgrade kit, with DC shoulder pads, perhaps some helmets, and weapons with a famous gauntlets marked of the DC crux.

I believe the idea is a valid one, logical both Lore wise and on a more practical note, financialy, since instead of creating two separate units, GW would only have to create a proper Primaris Blood Angels Tactical Squad kit and propose the DC upgrade pack alongside it.