Chaplains: How Many?

Schlitzaf

With our new litanies + Base Codex. And maybe another set of litanies (Chapter Litanies whatever those will be) we will have a lot of litanies available to us the preview alone gave us another solid litany. So in order of litanies that are solid;

Canticle

+1 Attack Litany

That already 2 straight solid then we have two situational ones

-Smash Chappy Litany

-Attack Proc Litany

That 3 easily 4 good litanies before we see the other 5 litanies of our own and see what Chapter Litanies will be. So pre-news I was planning on running 3 Chappies. 1 Smash* PackChappy, 1 Canticle Chappy**, 1 “Supplement” Primaris Chappy,

How many Chappies? I think we should heavily consider 2 in our list building. Maybe even 3 or more.

*Supplement Chappy was an option instead of Smash Chappy.

**Might be Grimaldus for another Litany if rumor isn’t true

Meme’s answers aside; we only have so many slots. And I’ll be hard pressed to not take atleast 1 Marshall, 1 Castallen and the EChampion. In a triple Battlelion List we have 3 HQ’s, should all 3 be Chappies or double up on Marshall’s or Castallen. Or even do brigade-Battlelion (the only real tax slot espacially if Ceno’s remain the same, for us in that scenerio is fast attack)

It will also be really interesting to see how/if grimaldus changes. At the Moment he automaticly gives exploding sixes without using a litany slot and rolling dice. If He keeps that AND can cast two litanies helle worth his weight in Gold. If we can then add another chappy as Master of sancticity thatd be a crazy combo.

At the Moment I am running a huge amount of characters in my liest anyways. I might kick out one captain to save some points, but I already think 2 chaplains are needed. Mainly because I have a Block of melee units in rhinos and one that deepstrikes. I want buffs for both.

Depends on your strategy, one for your backline to buff shooting, another can work in a drop pod or bike for your 2nd turn offensive and a third with jump pack or in a dreadnought for cheap smash chaplain. I think 3 is pretty much the max, more than that and you might lose points for other characters and now that Master of Sanctity is back you could go for just Grimaldus and a MoS.