Medjugorje

-  reroll wound rolls of 1 in Close combat

-  5+++

-  +3" on Aura abilities

-  always fight first

-  -2 on enemy leadership charakteristic

-  +1 attack on charges.

what do you think about?

i am not impressed without 5+++ there is nothing really strong. And in Addition its super frustrating that we cant use canticle of hate AND 5+++ together with the same chaplain. Most times i would prefer the normal table to be honest. A Chaplain on Jump pack still get "canticle of hate". Maybe a secound chaplain/Grimaldus get 5+++ and +1 attack.

increase Aura abilities is just good for shocking Units (like the crusader helmet) - so its useless.

reroll 1s is good but we can get this by our castellans (more safty)

always fight first is crap... If you could have more Units with this abiltiy it could be good - but so its absolutly :censored:.

leadership modifier used to be crap and still being crap.

Edited by Acebaur

I can see the always fight first litany to be quite useful, perhaps not in competitive play... but still.

If you’re fighting a melee army you can march your big blog of crusaders up the board and effectively wall off a section. The enemy needs to decide, charge and get struck first, ignore and lose access to whatever you’re protecting, or focus fire (with whatever it can) to try and remove as much as it can.

The 5+++ can be used in tandem with the 4++ to make whatever is around it rather durable.

+1 attack is great imo, just might not be used on turn 1

Regardless, I think there’s a lot of cool combos that have yet to be explored, and we obviously are significantly stronger than we were before.

Not related to litanies, but if we keep access to IF things, we’ll be in great shape!

I don't see how having a 5+ FNP isn't good? Stick that chaplain with a squad of terminators and between that and Transhuman, they are going to be really durable. Also if you go second you can still use it on the Terminators after the deepstrike before your opponent gets to shoot at them. 

+1 attack is also great IMO as well.

I'm largely disappointed in the selection available, since the internal balance between the options is horribly out of whack. It was to be expected, but it's even worse than normal here since there's two really great options (FNP, +1A) and four highly situational ones, so there's never much of a reason to not just take the two really great ones. GW quality control always leaves much to be desired. 

I suppose it doesn't matter much, since two Chaplains is probably going to be the most that can be brought along anyway so you nearly always get those two good ones, but I WOULD have liked to actually have options to choose from instead of essentially having two litanies. But eh, I'll take the two good ones, it's still better than zero.

Canticles, Divine Protection and Righteous, that's all you need.

I'm largely disappointed in the selection available, since the internal balance between the options is horribly out of whack. It was to be expected, but it's even worse than normal here since there's two really great options (FNP, +1A) and four highly situational ones, so there's never much of a reason to not just take the two really great ones. GW quality control always leaves much to be desired. 

I suppose it doesn't matter much, since two Chaplains is probably going to be the most that can be brought along anyway so you nearly always get those two good ones, but I WOULD have liked to actually have options to choose from instead of essentially having two litanies. But eh, I'll take the two good ones, it's still better than zero.

Canticles, Divine Protection and Righteous, that's all you need.

absolutly what I think. 

Do you guys think that the Aurillian Shroud is effected by the litany that expands auras by 3''? 

I'm not sure, but my first guess would be yes, because the wording of the relic is identical to the wording on other aura abilities. 

Might be a good idea to ask in the OR though.

Do you guys think that the Aurillian Shroud is effected by the litany that expands auras by 3''? 

Not sure about that litany, but in the last edition Crusaders helm only expanded the aura that were in the datasheet only. So it was not possible to expand "Storm of Fire" WT. But I'm not sure if we can do that in this time.

Not sure about that litany, but in the last edition Crusaders helm only expanded the aura that were in the datasheet only. So it was not possible to expand "Storm of Fire" WT. But I'm not sure if we can do that in this time.

Well the wording on the helm explicitly stated that it only applied to datasheet abilities. The new one does not and the litany does not

Edited by Acebaur

Aura of aura expanding is probably going to be better than people think. It makes Helbrecht's by the model strength buff a lot better. 19" diamater rerolls to all hits is good, give a master of the forge the crusader helm for 12" +1 hit with vehicles. 12" range standard of the emperor ascendant fearless buff.

If I'm taking 4 big crusader squads that need to spread out and Grimaldus then why not make 1 of his prayers the aura boost and put him next to a ancient, marshal and lieutenant.

If it works on litanies you don't need to worry so much about placing the chaplain right for +2 to charges and +3 to pile in. Vox Espiritum, Cawl's knock off Primaris only crusader helm specifically doesn't work on litanies so I suppose this does since that text isn't there. Which makes it actually a 9" bubble of aura expansion since it works on itself.

Edited by Closet Skeleton

The Aura litany can be very useful, yes. From allowing gunlines to be wider to boosting defensive auras, I can also see it being useful for deepstrikers - Lets say that I drop-pod some company veterans and Helbrect right in the enemy lines - My Veterans charge successfully, but woe and misery, Helbrecht fails his charge! Suddenly my Veterans are way too far to receive the aura effects, potentially crippling their potential in the fight. But if his Auras suddenly had 9" range...

In a list that focuses on deep strikes or using concealed positions, I think that the litany can find its place, yes. Only Aura Litanies are very useful in alpha striking armies, so an aura litany that boosts auras can very well find its place. 

Two Bike Chaplains, one with the Canticle and one with the aura increase, can be a solid rocket booster to ensure that no misfortunate happens when you hit the enemy with that alpha strike, but the problem is of course whether or not there are enough points that it can be warranted.

Well the wording on the helm explicitly stated that it only applied to datasheet abilities. The new one does not and the litany does not

I think they even FAQ"d the original rule to apply to WL traits as well.