A Faith Sorely Tested - Help enthuse me about our rules!

kombatwombat

Thank you all for your contributions to zeal.

I’m trying to convince myself that lateral solutions can make our rules work.

MarshalMittermeier might be onto something with the ‘make slow things fast’ concept. 8 TH/SS Termies in a LRC. Throw a character with the +1 Advance/Charge WLT forward at full tilt. Use the advance and charge strat on the Terminators, and declare a charge.

That’s a 3” disembark, 1.5” base size, 5” move, D6+1” Advance, 2D6+1” Charge, for a total of 11.5”+3D6”. If your opponent is 24” away, you need to roll a 12 on 3D6, where you can CP reroll the first one and freely reroll one or both of the latter two.

If the character you launched forward is a Chaplain, throw in Canticle of Hate for another +2”. Suddenly on average you’re crossing the 24” no-man’s-land, with some rerolls you’re a few inches in. If you can tag something after consolidating, you can then hit the no fall back strat.

I don’t think anyone expects a T1 Terminator Charge...

Thank you all for your contributions to zeal.

I’m trying to convince myself that lateral solutions can make our rules work.

MarshalMittermeier might be onto something with the ‘make slow things fast’ concept. 8 TH/SS Termies in a LRC. Throw a character with the +1 Advance/Charge WLT forward at full tilt. Use the advance and charge strat on the Terminators, and declare a charge.

That’s a 3” disembark, 1.5” base size, 5” move, D6+1” Advance, 2D6+1” Charge, for a total of 11.5”+3D6”. If your opponent is 24” away, you need to roll a 12 on 3D6, where you can CP reroll the first one and freely reroll one or both of the latter two.

If the character you launched forward is a Chaplain, throw in Canticle of Hate for another +2”. Suddenly on average you’re crossing the 24” no-man’s-land, with some rerolls you’re a few inches in. If you can tag something after consolidating, you can then hit the no fall back strat.

I don’t think anyone expects a T1 Terminator Charge...

personally i wont even use an LRC. i will use 10-man squad of cc terminators, followed by a warlord master of sanctity to give them  5+ feel no pain and  +1 advance/charge. if anybody shoots them first turn i can even use transhuman physiology (good luck killing a unit with 2+, 3++, 5+++, 5+ vs mortal wounds, and only wounding it on 4+ on one turn... cause next turn, these bad boys have crossed almost THE WHOLE BOARD: 10+ move plus 2d6+2 advance plus 2d6+1 2nd-turn charge. total 13+4d6, avg. 33" of territory (assuming no rerolls, even though we DO have rerolls).

if i dont want the termies to get shot first turn, i can deepstrike teleport them. so many options. theres no need for a transport, i can just buy moar terminators :P

sounds expensive? not really: a master of sanctity is an awesome warlord option and will be used anyways, and  i didnt choose a second litany, just assumed the MoS would be chosen anyway. only spend 3 command points(transhuman physiology/emperor's will) plus the terminators, didnt even use all my relics/resources :biggrin.: i could have 1500 pts of army , and around 10 CPs, as leftover. 

IMPORTANT QUESTION: how can agressors use emperor's will to shoot? their weapons are assault but not pistols?...

Edited by MarshalMittermeier

Sounds hilariously fun!  I think your math is off though. 2x5 inches per turn of base movement. 2xD6 advance rolls +2, 2D6 charge +1.  The average roll of 2d6 is 7 so 5+5+7+2+7+1 is 27" not 33. 

personally i wont even use an LRC

The LRC affords the Terminators an additional 4.5” of Movement, which makes a T2 Charge into a T1 Charge. I’m unsure if it’s worth it, but not giving your opponent a chance to shoot them at all sounds amusing.

I call it Turn 1 Termination :D

I firmly believe that the future of Templars in 8th edition going forward will be massed amounts of Concealed Position units and Deep Strikers attacking the enemy in waves from the very first turn onwards.

I agree 100%. Prwtty much word for word what I have been saying since the preview. Now that we have the full set of rules, it's even more confirmed to be the case. :)