BA w/Inquisitor?

Hintzy

There are a few of the new Inquisition rules that look pretty interesting and useful. Given the Blood Angels' secrets it's probably also not a stretch to justify an Inquisitor poking around fluff-wise (though my expertise in that area is quite lacking compared to a lot of you.) Has anybody been giving it any thought yet?

The items that piqued my interest:

No overwatch psychic power

Ordo Hereticus fall back prevention WL trait

Ordo Xenos CP regen WL trait

There's a few more interesting options, but those three are at the top of my list I think. I think the no fall back trait sounds really powerful, but is likely to be a trap. The Inquisition doesn't have any fancy ways to make charges more reliable and are also generally fragile. So at this point I'm leaning toward a generic Xenos Inquisitor, probably in a drop pod, to regen some CP and shut off some overwatch T1 for a blob of Forlorn'd DC or something not wearing the Angel's Wing.

Thoughts?

Lorewise, it happens. The difficulties that inquisitors have when they try and investigate the Blood Angels is that they put pressure on the Inquisition. They stayed loyal during the heresy, they have sacrificed so much for the Imperium and have so many honors that they can spend a lot of political pressure to make the Inquisitor back off or never even start the investigation. If they happen to join and see something they shouldn't they usually have an accident or die in the field of battle. Loyalists are fighting for mankind. But the chapters that have serious secrets will do just about anything to avoid those secrets from getting out. I suppose that Guilliman knows about the Black Rage. I am almost positive that he would have caught on quickly at how the first-borns were reacting to the primaris and the stories they were telling. 

Ruleswise, I agree. The Inquisition has some fantastic rules. I think the lack of it is mainly due to competitive play. It is more of a fluffy choice for a narrative game imho. That could change with some of the new rules coming out as well. Have to remember that the Inquisition has been relegated to only index for quite some time. 

The inquisitors explicitly allow any faction specific rules as long as you limit it to 1 single inquisitor that doesn't take up a detachment.

So you can run 1 without losing doctrines.

And they are a very good use of 60-100 pts for a generic psyker with access to a solid suite of utility psychic powers and for 1 CP has a regen warlord trait that doesn't actually use up our 1 warlord trait. Pretty tasty.