Converting dreamforge leviathan into a knight

Dreamforge had a huge sale, so I decided to see if the “15mm” leviathan could be kitbashed into a knight.

The basic kit is a bit short, so i extended the (previously almost non existent) torso to up the height to 6 inches. Then widened the shoulders. Then had to widen the torso!

Just wish I had figured a way to lengthen the legs... but they are so articulated with (moving) pistons and such like, that I couldn’t figure a good way of doing it! (Mind you, knight and dreadnought legs are small, so maybe it’s not a deal breaker)

Didn’t like the head, very non 40k looking, so went for an open cockpit look (using bits that should have gone into small field gun as throne and control panel).

Very much WIP. Lots still to do! Not sure at all about the lower torso... and the feet need claws... and ...!

(Thinking chaos knights, but not sure yet. Probably need to check the bits bin again before finally deciding!)

(Note: weapon arms detach. I have sword and fist arms, but not built)

1036027_sm-Knights.jpeg

1036026_sm-Knights.jpeg

1036028_sm-Knights.jpeg

1036029_sm-Knights.jpeg

There’s so much that moves in this kit (there’s screwscas well as glue!) so you can play around with poses:

1036031_sm-Knights.jpeg

Considering the scale, maybe the Dreamforge Leviathan would do better as an Armiger instead of a full-sized Knight.

Nonetheless, you did impressive and excellent work on the conversion. The base you made, showing the Knight storming an enemy defensive position, is well done.

Considering the scale, maybe the Dreamforge Leviathan would do better as an Armiger instead of a full-sized Knight.

Certainly if unaltered, it would be the right size to be an Armiger. Luckily I grabbed three kits, so at least one will be built at the “normal” scale as an Armiger (be 4.6” tall)... then I’ll have to decide what to do with the final kit.

Nonetheless, you did impressive and excellent work on the conversion. The base you made, showing the Knight storming an enemy defensive position, is well done.

Thanks! It was a big base, so definitely wanted to make some use of it! (And I wanted the knight to be standing/stomping on something!)

If you could find a way to incorporate more GW bits I think it would help sell it as a 40k vehicle.

It’s a really cool model and you have been doing really cool things with it, but it isn’t screaming warhammer yet. I think I have more (personal taste) issues with that then any concerns over bulk. The paint will help with that as well I’m sure.

Keep the updates coming it’s fun to watch.

• 2 weeks later...

Hmmm... the steel looks cool, but he could use some more colours. Or maybe he was stolen from a factory before he got his paint on ^^?

Yeah, one of the issues with the dreamforge kit is that it is all smoothed curves, whereas GW tends to have distinct flatter sections that look good with color. I’m trying to figure out where I could put a chaosified heraldic shield ... or freehand a chaos symbol...