Lore in PA2

Medjugorje

I thought the Imperial Truth was part of Big E's way of cutting Chaos off from the material world? Stop all belief in the otherworldly and you cut off their oxygen, then create the Imperial Webway so you never even need to open a channel to the Warp for any reason. 

But of course brothers, we know now that this was his way of protecting us from a truth far more terrible...!

That's exactly what the Imperial Truth was for. But once he was interred into the Golden Throne and most of the Primarchs vanished, the Imperium fell back to religion and superstition. Lorgar's book became accepted as actual scripture, the Ecclesiarchy formed and became one of the dominant political forces in the Imperium, and the Imperial Truth was largely forgotten.

No, officially BT are the only Space Marine chapter that believes the Emperor is a god. This just puts them in line with the mainstream Imperium belief. That's why the Ecclesiarchy has so much power.

The Fire Hunters and the Red Hunters also 'canonically' believe in the creed.

(As canon as anything is in 40k)

That's exactly what the Imperial Truth was for. But once he was interred into the Golden Throne and most of the Primarchs vanished, the Imperium fell back to religion and superstition. Lorgar's book became accepted as actual scripture, the Ecclesiarchy formed and became one of the dominant political forces in the Imperium, and the Imperial Truth was largely forgotten.

Yes - but more than just 'falling back' on religion, it had been demonstrably proved to the whole galaxy that there were things in the Warp, Chaos daemons and even gods - the Imperial Truth had been proven false. I'm sure even the Astartes that don't follow the Imperial Creed realise that disbelief in the Warp's denizens is simply not going to cut the mustard, even if they don't believe Big E is a god.

Guys.

If im not wrong, there are only two factions in imperium whi believe big - E is a god.

Sisters, and BT.

That's not accurate. Essentially every imperial faction believes the Big E is a god, aside from the majority of space marine chapters. Even among the exceptions, I know that the Black Templars are not alone in that belief anymore, but I can't think of any definites off the top of my head. (Blood Ravens??)

Fire Angels, Iron Snakes, Blood Ravens (like you said), Hospitallers, White Consuls.

Edited by Mmmmm Napalm