Imperial Fists + Black Templars

Ado

Before the release of the new marine supplements and PA books, I had a plan to run an Imperial Fists detachment with my Templars, partly for fluff reasons as I like the idea of building a "Last Wall" force, and partly as a hobbyist wanting to challenge myself painting yellow. 

This year I have found myself drawn to the gaming side of the hobby rather than the creative, and I'm now wondering whether an IF+BT force would be competitive. Is losing the super doctrines a big deal? I don't have the IF supplement and haven't really followed their rules as closely as I should so keen on thoughts from my fellow Sons of Dorn brethren!!

Wait a week or two for the Faith and Fury FAQ.

As things CURRENTLY stand, (I shout that word to make it clear that I am aware of the following: a) it's a bit OP, b ) I expect it to change in the FAQ and c) a bit of me hopes it won't, because I think it would be fun for a while for us to be epic.) Black Templars can use both books in their near entirety.

So you don't need the IF to play as IF.

Edited by Brother Adelard

As things CURRENTLY stand, (I shout that word to make it clear that I am aware of the following: a) it's a bit OP, b ) I expect it to change in the FAQ and c) a bit of me hopes it won't, because I think it would be fun for a while for us to be epic.) Black Templars can use both books in their near entirety.

Cool - I'll hang out for the FAQ then. It would be great if I could stick to just Templars from a gaming perspective so use of the IF supplement would be great. If it does get FAQ'd that we can't, would it be worth runnning an IF detachment anyway?

It's hardly OP as most of our strats are centered on CC and theirs on shooting. There is some good crossover but even with both super doctrines and everything else, it doesn't make us the power level of IH

Even if we do get FAQd I except it to only affect the super doctrine and not anything else as we have no special issue wargear of our own and half the strats as everyone else.

Before the release of the new marine supplements and PA books, I had a plan to run an Imperial Fists detachment with my Templars, partly for fluff reasons as I like the idea of building a "Last Wall" force, and partly as a hobbyist wanting to challenge myself painting yellow. 

This year I have found myself drawn to the gaming side of the hobby rather than the creative, and I'm now wondering whether an IF+BT force would be competitive. Is losing the super doctrines a big deal? I don't have the IF supplement and haven't really followed their rules as closely as I should so keen on thoughts from my fellow Sons of Dorn brethren!!

Loosing the BT Superdoctrine doesnt matter. The IF Superdoctrine is very strong so far. 

But the IF - CT what ignores cover on Whirlwinds and Thunderfire Cannons is super strong