Painting Primaris Meph!

Neuralshock

So I picked up my pre-order last Saturday and I cracked right into the model, man is he a T H I C C boi. Eager beaver that I am, I immediately started working on his money maker, his face.

after pinning and priming the head with reapers brush on primer, I worked on his hair first

IMG 20191207 211001

followed by working up on his skin

IMG 20191207 230808

then I touched up on some of the finer details like the lips and the eyes. Happy with how the glow turned out.

IMG 20191208 001319

The rest of the model is partially assembled, but i'm waiting to get some green stuff to fill in the gaps on the body (he deserves the top shelf treatment)

Edited by Neuralshock

Very nice, painting good hair and furs has continued to elude me for many years. I stick with just the angry bald heads as a result.

thanks! Well I definitely didn't start this way, that's what scouts are for! Hair is pretty easy when you get the hang of it, same as any other thing. Base, shade, brighten. To get better transitions, make the paint thinner than normal, wick some of on paper towel and work in progressive layers. Each pass will look better and better.

I've heard he is a pain to assemble. Got to wait till Christmas for mine as it's a present from the Mrs.

Are there many areas that will need filling with green stuff? Also, are there areas that will need painting before assembly, because it looks like the legs would be hard to get to once put together? I would say just by looking at the model that the vials need painting separately and as you've done, the head as well.

The head looks great. You've done a great job on the mouth and eyes. Looking forward to seeing the rest.

I've heard he is a pain to assemble. Got to wait till Christmas for mine as it's a present from the Mrs.

Are there many areas that will need filling with green stuff? Also, are there areas that will need painting before assembly, because it looks like the legs would be hard to get to once put together? I would say just by looking at the model that the vials need painting separately and as you've done, the head as well.

The head looks great. You've done a great job on the mouth and eyes. Looking forward to seeing the rest.

It's w bit fiddly, there's only a single leg, the rest is hollow. And placing that leg is a bit of guesswork I'll post some pictures later. There's a bigish gap between the joins of the cape and a crease that runs down the leg. Lots of dry fitting needed. The book doesn't slot up against anything and is free floating.

Haven't picked mine up yet, but was thinking painting in parts would be the go (which clearly you are doing...). 

Particularly things like getting to the robes under the sword and (assuming that choice) the hand near the face. 

Haven't picked mine up yet, but was thinking painting in parts would be the go (which clearly you are doing...). 

Particularly things like getting to the robes under the sword and (assuming that choice) the hand near the face. 

it's the correct choice, otherwise you're gonna get paint everywhere

once you get up to the cape part you can stop and paint things in stages.