Suppressors?

templargdt

I've actually been thinking the same thing. The Shock and Awe strat costs CP and requires careful set-up and more than a little luck to pull off. i like the idea of using the suppressors to shut down overwatch and allowing our melee units to get in unscathed. Even if they just kill a couple of units in a screen our melee unit then moves in and cleans house before consolidating into another juicier target! Just need to get the models though and that's where the problem lies as the suppressor are fugly!

I use them. In my most recent versions of my army lists, I have three units of them. They have a similar damage output (but less by about 8%) as a Relic Leviathan dreadnought, for fewer points/durability. But what we gain is not having to worry about overwatch. Worth it with the style of lists we are using now.

Not a big fan of them personally, but after my last game they suddenly started looking way more attractive. Damn Tau and their overwatch abuses.

Would personally consider as Brigade filler or perhaps as an Ally detachment, they gain so little from our CT due to hanging far away from most MW spam and not having much use for charging, and the Stealthy and Master Artisan successor tactics are very good on dudes that need to make their shots count and actually stay alive. And the Phobos Captain with Master Artisan and the WT that gives his gun +1 Damage is just plain terrifying, casually murdering support characters.

Black Templars allied with Reasonable Marines, the ultimate Buddy Cop Movie alliance. 

Anyway, what do you use as models for the dudes, Laeroth? The damn things are hard to get hands on, and you've apparently got a full stack of 9? 

Edited by Palmu

Not a big fan of them personally, but after my last game they suddenly started looking way more attractive. Damn Tau and their overwatch abuses.

Would personally consider as Brigade filler or perhaps as an Ally detachment, they gain so little from our CT due to hanging far away from most MW spam and not having much use for charging, and the Stealthy and Master Artisan successor tactics are very good on dudes that need to make their shots count and actually stay alive. And the Phobos Captain with Master Artisan and the WT that gives his gun +1 Damage is just plain terrifying, casually murdering support characters.

Black Templars allied with Reasonable Marines, the ultimate Buddy Cop Movie alliance.

Anyway, what do you use as models for the dudes, Laeroth? The damn things are hard to get hands on, and you've apparently got a full stack of 9?

Aye, they fill out my FA slots in my brigade. When they first came out in Dark Imperium, I forked out for another two sets of them on the cheap from Ebay. Glad I did back then, since it seems there is not a whole lot of supply.

I can see reason to drop them and take the penalty in situations where it's completely possible that they just get destroyed before doing anything. Especially on boards with next to no LoS blocks. 

Most of the time just hiding them behind suitable obstacles does the same job though and allows them to actually shoot on the first turn. 

Edited by Palmu