Check up on games

SanguiniusJr

How is everyone doing in their respective Metas since the rules update?

I haven't played any imperial fists yet.

I'm struggling against competitive iron hands successors. I can't figure out how to crack the Repulsor executioner Castle in the ITC format. I've tried repulsors and a Repulsor x myself, indirect fire to clear infiltrators and tfcs. It's like a smash Captain still the only thing that'll dent Repulsor x, if you can get into combat with its Repulsor fields lol.

How do we get to assault doctrine?? Thunderfire cannons are everywhere so it's even a struggle to get to turn 3 in the first place, my troops get cleared off the objectives

Edited by SanguiniusJr

How is everyone doing in their respective Metas since the rules update?

I haven't played any imperial fists yet.

I'm struggling against competitive iron hands successors. I can't figure out how to crack the Repulsor executioner Castle in the ITC format. I've tried repulsors and a Repulsor x myself, indirect fire to clear infiltrators and tfcs. It's like a smash Captain still the only thing that'll dent Repulsor x, if you can get into combat with its Repulsor fields lol.

We need to play to our strengths.  Smash captain here is a necessity.  If he's playing an optimised IH list, replete with multiple Tfires and multiple Repulsors, options are limited. 

Here are some things you can do: 

Smash-train

1.A  Forlorn Fury - dont forget the d6" advance in that move.  This plus the actual move should get your there. 

B. Almost always declare "all targets within 12" " with smashy - this will give you options.  

C. Position yourself in a way that will bring you into combat with multiple Repulsors, and MOST IMPORTANTLY near some character/unit that can kill you. 

D: Pop Rage.  

E. Use Honour the chapter to fight again, moving /piling into the unit that can arguably kill you. 

F. Die. 

G. Use only in death.  

This smash train combo will see you dishing out massive damage to those units. 

VanVets  Jump

2.  A.  Pop Recitation of Focus. 

B. Use On Wings of Fire to place near the repulsors

C. use 3d6 charge. 

D. If he's using pure IH rules and pops the 4+ OW - respond with transhuman. 

This will negate a lot of damage. 

How do we get to assault doctrine?? Thunderfire cannons are everywhere so it's even a struggle to get to turn 3 in the first place, my troops get cleared off the objectives and like one Volley. I brought a Scorpius in my last game but my opponent merely outranged it with his tfcs.

How many scouts are you playing and do you play intercessors with Stalkers? 

Keep us posted on the games!

Edited by Morticon

Blitzing tfc's is the best way to shut them down as they don't want to be touched. A good thing about BoB is that we got hero of the chapter so we can spend our organic heat seeking missile to wreck face. So after you potentially remove 600+ points off the board, the remainder of your army can outplay what's left.

I find the BA extremely strong so far, but also very binary.

I am a danish ETC player, and represented the team in Serbia at 2019. So it is primarily ETC style missions, I have been testing the angels in, so far. 

In short you can null deploy your alfa units and wrap gunlines. Other CC oriented armies BA currently outkill. I feel at this moment, that the worst matchup is a fly only Tau-list. Drones and riptides... That is horrible. 

I have only had a handfull of games with the new BA so far, I must admit. But no losses so far against other competitive Space Marine builds, Eldar and Orks. 

- Rune 

Why don't people take triple whirlwinds to snipe TFCs? I think they are a great cheap heavy option and with 72" range and the ability to hide they have a somewhat good advantage turn 1 with the additional AP -1.

I would love to make Whirlwinds work, but I'm just not convinced. I don't own the models to test, but I've done the math a bunch and just can't see it being worthwhile. I also think it'd be a challenge to hide all three of them, generally speaking. If somebody could convince me otherwise I'd happily eat my words. I love the idea of indirect fire and actually really like the models as well.

we can use the Phobos units or invictor suit to pressure the thunder fire cannons and eliminators early or at least distract them until we get our stuff in. But I agree cpt smash is our best answer to the meta, astrorath has won me over helping the infiltrating unit get there first turn if needed.

Why don't people take triple whirlwinds to snipe TFCs? I think they are a great cheap heavy option and with 72" range and the ability to hide they have a somewhat good advantage turn 1 with the additional AP -1.

I've been planning to take 3 of them, if anything it'll allow you to punch through on some MSU unit for a kill one first turn.