Primaris Troops

Wassa

So I'm making my first steps towards Primaris marines with the BA Battleforce and Know No Fear. Mainly because Marines are going that way, and I need my units to last until T3 for the Savage Echoes benefit!

That gives me 15 Intercessors:

5 have to be Bolt Rifles.

5 have been built with Auto Bolters to help them advance and clear screens.

What should I do with the other 5? I'm tempted to go for the Stalker Bolt Rifles as dedicated anti-Primaris weapons with 36" range. I can always run them as standard Bolt Rifles as they look pretty similar.

What do you think?

I'm also tempted to get some Incursors, though I do have 15 scouts already so I'm not sure whether they're worth it yet.

Generally the regular bolt rifle is better than stalker except where you can move and shoot without penalty.

I'd go with regular or auto personally.

What he said, for the most part. I used to run the stalker ones in a squad of five, 1-2 squads, with my Iron hands before the 2.0 dex came out.  I usually had them do pretty terribly, especially compared to the 2-3 groups with regular rifles. This got even more divergent when the beta bolter rules came out.

Once 2.0 dex came out, they became amazing for me because just repositioning a few inches to get LoS on the target doesn't just instantly bring the unit from 33% misses to 50% anymore. Same goes for Bobby G's boys in the tactical doctrine.

As blood Angels, if you have a good terrain piece they can stand on all game and be a threat from, they're still worth it with that -3AP D2 potential.  Primaris & termies beware, as you mentioned. But for the most part, if I was going to be running my retired blood angels, I'd be spending far more time in the tactical and assault doctrines (the former more than likely with my old army) and there, the bolt rifle and autobolters excel. 

Don't forget the amazing strategems for the bolt rifle and auto bolt rifle on a 10 man unit if you pop it out of a repulsor or such. Dakka, dakka, dakka.

Edited by Dark Legionnare

Yeah DC Intercessors are not a good idea for now unless you take them to have DC Primaris at all (aka fluff/thematic reasons). If you want to give your Intercessors more punch it's better to turn a squad into veterans via Stratagem (colour scheme-wise it would mean golden helmets for us Blood Angels).

Stalkers are good but less so on BA. Codex marines have straight up better utility with them.

I.e. TFC, dev centurions etc. To make up the deficiencies of rate of fire that armies like BA don't have access to.

However if your meta is mostly primaris marines then D2 weapons on troops is still a good option, but with all things shooting we do it a little/a lot worse than the codex equivalents.