My Feudal Guardsmen

DranuTemplar

Excellent work on all of the new stuff. Really makes me want to get out the airbrush... which reminds me: thanks for posting that tutorial! I'm going to try it out soon and I'll let you know how it goes.

Also, those knights look awesome. I like the color patterns alot. Haven't seen alot of people break up the carapace like that and I really like it. I run a bit of a soup list with two armiger warglaives as well (at least until 9th drops). They're super fun. Fast and aggressive which I've found to be a good compliment to guardsmen.

Did you put any gloss on the knight carapace or is it just a matte paint? It looks a little shiny maybe? It could just be my phone/eyes. Looks great either way. If you did use gloss I might have to do the same thing though because it really pops.

Did you put any gloss on the knight carapace or is it just a matte paint? It looks a little shiny maybe? It could just be my phone/eyes. Looks great either way. If you did use gloss I might have to do the same thing though because it really pops.

There is gloss on the shoulders as I wanted it to have a marble look.  All the blue and the rest of the cream color, however, is a strong matte so that barely any light is going to shine, the lighting is actually just highlighting with an airbrush and one or two parts with some edge highlighting with a brush.

Edited by DranuTemplar

• 1 month later...

That knight is incredible! Really digging the marble shoulderpad and all of the purple glow. How did you get that effect? It's super cool. Also, excellent attention to detail with all of the banners and other feudal type bits. 

This is going to make an awesome addition to the rest of your army!

Thanks.  The glow (underneath the head and shoulder parts), is just LEDs turned on.  The exhaust also has them.

The Marble effect is basically this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eLVE1q0fGDA

I have tried several methods for the baby wipes.  It is necessary that they stretch easily only in one direction as he says.  No idea why it makes them so better. I think it has something to do with paint absoption.  Most other materials (e.g. drier sheets and steel wool) let too much paint through.

Beautiful work on the Knight. Are the glowing eyes the result of LEDs you added to the model?

Thanks.  Yes it is.  I have LEDs for the eyes, flames, and under-glow of head and shoulders.  The shoulders can be made even brighter with another switch.

The top armor for the torso is magnetized and removable so if I ever need to replace the 9v in there in the future.

• 4 weeks later...