Our doctrine bonus and re-rolls

Acebaur

So I've been pondering this lately, because I'm planning on running Incursors for a first turn charge with the Crusader Helm to give them the Assault Doctrine and bonus. Incursors cause an extra hit on a 6 in CC which when paired with our doctrine means, they get an auto wound and an extra hit. If they were in range of a CM or Helbrecht, do you think it's worth it to re-roll everything that is not a 6? or will I likely end up with less over all hits in general than if I just reroll misses?

We need to arbitrarily assume a wound roll to get value from the auto wound, so let's say wound on a 4+, hit on 3+.

Wounds per attack before saves, rerolling all but 6s:

(1/6 + 5/6*1/6) * 3/2 + 5/6*1/2 * 1/2 = 48/72 = 0,67

If we don't reroll successfull hits:

(1/6 + 1/3 * 1/6) * 3/2 + (1/2 + 1/3*1/2) * 1/2 = 24/ 36 = 0,67

For wounds on 2+/3+, not rerolling succesful hits will be better, for wounds of 5+/ 6+ rerolling it all will prove mor effective.

I did this kinda quick, if you find mistakes.... go keep em and get off my lawn :tongue.:

Edited by Marshal Wolfhart

Yeah, I worked out the math finally. It seems like it averages the same no matter what against T4.  What if we throw in an extra attack on a 6 like with Grimaldus?

Edited by Acebaur

In my last matches post faith&fury I included incursors with a Phobos chapter master, crusaders helm and grimaldus with +1 attack letany and, of course his ability of 6's generate another attack. I re-rolled everything, the more 6 you get, less wound rolls you made. The option of passing through high resistance is very very powerfull. Put close of them a hero of the chapter with inspirational fighter and you get tons of attacks with AP -2 Edited by MindEraser

In my last matches post faith&fury I included incursors with a Phobos chapter master, crusaders helm and grimaldus with +1 attack letany and, of course his ability of 6's generate another attack. I re-rolled everything, the more 6 you get, less wound rolls you made. The option of passing through high resistance is very very powerfull. Put close of them a hero of the chapter with inspirational fighter and you get tons of attacks with AP -2

Unless it specifically says it stacks, nothing stacks with the Doctrine's AP bonus unfortunately