BT Land Raider Showcase

CamNZ

Hey, thanks. Just my standard process of sponging on 1:1 Leadbelcher and Vallejo Heavy Charcoal followed by some AK Interactive Earth Effects.

When you're sponging, how much paint is on the sponge? I've recently tried it but it doesn't look any different from drybrushing. But I might not have enough paint on the sponge as well.

I normally go for quite a lot of paint on vehicles. Two or three dabs on paper to remove the excess, and then on to the model. I think the advice above about it being easier to add more than take away is still pretty relevant though.

Just adding Land Raider "Gunzelin" reconfigured from Lascannon to Redeemer weapons for some witch hunting.

gallery_23461_6132_460556.jpg

Do the heavy bolters count as assault cannons? Or did you intentionally replace the Land Raider Redeemer's assault cannons with heavy bolters, sacrificing Strength and potential Armor Piercing capabilities for Range?

Do the heavy bolters count as assault cannons? Or did you intentionally replace the Land Raider Redeemer's assault cannons with heavy bolters, sacrificing Strength and potential Armor Piercing capabilities for Range?

My guess is that he has a spare Assault Cannon Turret for swapping the Heavy Bolters

My guess is that he has a spare Assault Cannon Turret for swapping the Heavy Bolters

The Redeemer parts and heavy bolters came from my bits box and add on purchases. The original assault cannons have been left on the other two tanks, the LRCs.

I will have to field one less Landraider to obtain a weapon swap or look out for some autocannon parts in the bits shops. sad.png

More landraiders to the people!

gallery_82196_10187_144743.jpg

The throne isn't entirely to my tastes (I think the Marine should be standing up), but it works. The dozer blade or siege shield, however, blocks the Land Raider's assault ramp. Can the dozer blade be elevated above the heads of Marines assaulting from the Land Raider? Or is this Land Raider a variant that sacrificed its transport capacity for some reason? (See the Ares and Terminus Ultra patterns for examples.)

The throne isn't entirely to my tastes (I think the Marine should be standing up), but it works. The dozer blade or siege shield, however, blocks the Land Raider's assault ramp. Can the dozer blade be elevated above the heads of Marines assaulting from the Land Raider? Or is this Land Raider a variant that sacrificed its transport capacity for some reason? (See the Ares and Terminus Ultra patterns for examples.)

In many ways its way over the top, and old project from the past, so to say.

But the oversizes dozer blade (from the time where Landraiders had that option) can be elevated/rotated upwards so that the front ramp can be used. The idea was to have a massive dozer blade for the crusader so it could remove tank traps and other stuff on its way forward, like a massive bulldozer. Once it hits the enemy line it would just elevated the blade and the angry templates could pore out. Chopchop!

The dozerbade can also be removed so that I can properly play with it on the board. rolleyes.gif

Fear the comfy chair! verymad.gif

But most important, it has checkers. Mmmm...cheeeeeckers...drool.gif

Thanks =)

Dude on a throne and a Land Raider pushing a wall around blink.png

That is awesome!

smile.png

And thanks everyone else for the likes!

Only eleven ? I suggest one more for the ETL to make the round dozen ! biggrin.png

I do have one LR left, not sure what variety just yet, but I am not able to participate this year. I've been on a low profile since April-ish due to Real Life , mostly work related. I'm expecting to get back into the swing of things around August.

If you never post a batrep featuring all 11 of those beautiful, glorious beasts, I will consider it a personal affront msn-wink.gif

Now that you mention it, I think all my Land Raiders plus Grimaldus would be an entertaining Apoc game. I just may have to do that.

Cheers,

Note: Lest you think I have money leaking out of my ears, most of the first eight were eBay reclamation projects that I got for around $20 - $25 USD. I undertook a personal Land Raider Rescue Crusade and was able to bulk out my armory in a very cost effective manner.

Only eleven ?  I suggest one more for the ETL to make the round dozen !  biggrin.png

I do have one LR left, not sure what variety just yet, but I am not able to participate this year. I've been on a low profile since April-ish due to Real Life ™, mostly work related. I'm expecting to get back into the swing of things around August.

Your Land Raiders are worth a patient wait for the next one.  Good luck with Real Life.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived