BT Land Raider Showcase

CamNZ

I've got this old gang.

One Typhon, three crusaders and a Terminus Ultra.

IMAG0701.jpg

And this old gal found her way to my earlier this winter.

She have gotten alot of love since, although I've got no never picture of her at the moment.

IMAG0865.jpg

Terminus Ultra is still a thing?

Oh absolutely! It's a very cost effective way to deliver three twin-linked lascannon shots and two regular. I have two and love them to death. They have lots of kills under their belts, including a Baneblade with the double side turrets.

Here's a batrep where they were quite prominent:

http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/topic/253019-the-albigensian-crusade-axios-ascendant-020616/?p=3617157

This is my only fully painted Land Raider and I painted it up for the 2012 ETL. The decorations were half rule of cool, half sacred hull. It has served me well ever since and it acts as my ride for my Commander and his squad.

It's also got a Bloodthirster kill under it's belt, turns out Hurricane Bolters and Assault Cannons can be pretty nasty. The Melta itself has probably around six different land Raider kills, mostly chaos.

Maybe some day I'll go back and add to it now that I'm a bit better at painting than I used to be.

http://orig14.deviantart.net/2fec/f/2012/256/1/0/land_raider_crusader__geon_crusade__by_firestorm_delta-d5ekjyn.jpg

http://img05.deviantart.net/f814/i/2012/256/c/8/lrc_6_panel_shot_by_firestorm_delta-d5ekk2u.jpg

@Lysere: I really like how that dozer blade came out. Have you had any issues transporting it?

I'd be concerned that the open ends would catch on something.

No issues with transport really. They only came off recently because someone else bumped it just right. I'm still trying to decide to re glue them or just clean up the spots and go without, since we can't take them anymore.

I'm still trying to decide to re glue them or just clean up the spots and go without, since we can't take them anymore.

Perhaps the "middle ground" position might be to magnetize them. Then if they get bumped, you just snap them back on.

Also, you can take them off for easier transport.

I'm still trying to decide to re glue them or just clean up the spots and go without, since we can't take them anymore.

Perhaps the "middle ground" position might be to magnetize them. Then if they get bumped, you just snap them back on.

Also, you can take them off for easier transport.

Magnets are one of those things I tend not to use much without great cause and even then. At the moment only my knight is magnetized and that's because it's basically built for it. Did take a little work but still, much easier than drilling into a land raider and the blades.

• 5 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I'm a terrible photographer so my apologies to all.  Here is the Black Templar Spartan painted for my friend Jake.  This is an odd beast.  Obviously related to the land raider, those words do not appear in the description on the Forgeworld site.  Enjoy.

Black Templar Spartan Assault Tank 05

Black Templar Spartan Assault Tank 01

Black Templar Spartan Assault Tank 02

Black Templar Spartan Assault Tank 03

Black Templar Spartan Assault Tank 04

I'm a terrible photographer so my apologies to all.  Here is the Black Templar Spartan painted for my friend Jake.  This is an odd beast.  Obviously related to the land raider, those words do not appear in the description on the Forgeworld site.  Enjoy.

Older articles refer to the vehicle as a "Land Raider Spartan". When Forge World decided to remake this 1st Edition vehicle for 7th Edition, it decided to make it a different vehicle altogether.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived