Ravenwing bike idea

Bloody Legionnaire

Hey all, I'm still pretty new to dark Angels, but I've been going over the fluff in the 7th edition codex that I picked up a while ago and noticed that the secret purpose of the Ravenwing is hunting down fallen. That got me thinking about making use of some of my old CSM bikes that I am not using in any of my Chaos armies. How "frowned" upon would it be for Ravenwing units to utilize captured CSM bikes in order to deceive the enemy in to thinking they were friendlies until the last minute? From a distance it may appear to be a unit of CSM and after they have closed with the enemy it is discovered to be the Ravenwing. Crazy idea, or something interesting? 

A bit crazy, given Darkshrouds are routinely deployed to achieve cover if they need to approach. Dark Angels aren’t the forgiving type and nothing in their lore, history or character suggests they’d utilise heretical gear. The Legacy of Caliban trilogy also shows that bikes and speeders are specifically issued to individual Ravenguard members indefinitely, rather than getting one “off the shelf” for each mission, so again there’s not much room there for ‘special issues’

But at the end of the day, they’re Your Dudes so if you think it’ll look cool, go ahead and do it

Edited by UtariOnzo

It all really depends on how you think the RW go about "hunting down the Fallen".

If in your mind the RW are hanging out in seedy locations picking up rumors, then disguises might be in order.

However I think it is well established that space marines don't engage in Mission Impossible style espionage.

In my mind however RW are more classical hunters who run their prey to ground.

And then release the hounds (DW) to rip the prey from its den.