Space marine in 3D printing

julien-ultra

Happy new year ! I show you my new project.:wink:

0hry.jpg

I did a lot of research on the morphology of a space marine which is very variable depending on the representation. This drawing is not trivial since it will serve me later to sculpt my 3D model.

I don't really like hyper realistic proportion, they often lack this massive dimension. This is why I started on a big bodybuilder with a comicbook aspect .... (the reduced head and the over-developed muscles).

jaqi.jpg

Hurry to put the brush on it !!

For the moment still in search of form, the detail will come after ...

I tried to find nice ideas that we do not often see on a space marine. I find the gorget with integrated aquila very cool and I also had fun on the robotic spine.

oi10.jpg

1jfw.jpg

Nice idea! 
However I believe he should still be more massive. You're showing us how thick the chest plate is. So if you remove it, you'll find a slightly better fed but still a standard-mass tall guy underneath. Nothing like the demi-god you presented on the sketch.
It's a common mind-trap that space marines should look proportionate in their armor. If we assume their physiques are suprhuman, the armor only adds up to that. Check Dan Abnett's LEGION cover. Alpha legionnaire shown there looks like a wall of armour - a walking tank.

BLPROCESSED-legion.jpg

For me personally the below picture was always one of the best attempts at capturing the mass of a Space Marine. Note however that even there the armour plates look rather thin, especially around thighs. The chest plate is also not particularly thick.
http://i.4pcdn.org/tg/1366059108124.jpg
Just food for thought :smile.: Edited by Majkhel