==Guardians of the Last City== Destiny Space Marines Plog

So I finally started painting the first squad of marines, I let my Son pick the first scheme and he wanted pink so (volupus) Punk they shall be!

DbbFtHh.jpg

Not going to lie i really love this shade of magenta pink, it looks great over my zenithial highlights and i think i will be able to get this to work great as a scheme for this squad, not sure what their squad name will be yet but I'm working on it.

The rank and file soldiers will only be tabletop quality (as long as they look good from 3 feet I'm happy) so I'm not going to go crazy with the details but I plan to paint in the remaining details (grenades, guns, pouches) and then just filling in the bases

Lemme know what you guys think of the scheme and if you guys have any ideas for this squads name, C&C always appreciated

And the first member of the squad is to be done:

axFR9zA.jpg

VMq3pEo.jpg

I want over him with a satin varnish to give his armor a little sheen but unfortunately it was glossier than I had intended so I will have to go back over his base and the mud on his legs with some matte coat to even it out and make it look less wet. Otherwise I'm pretty happy with him, may add a bit of chipping on some armor parts maybe not but I'm calling him done once I get the eyes painted and the rim black

• 3 months later...

I'm finally back guys, Sadly this quarantine has not been the best for productivity but i finally got the next squad complete:

The Red Raptors:
Kjy7gpl.jpg1So8FLC.jpg

sadly I had to use the flash because my old desk lamp died and it doesn't come out great, they are painted the same cherry red as the pre-heresy 1ksons using contrast Blood Angels red over

here they are alongside the other squad i finished, readying their assault

8ny4itJ.jpg

Hopefully i can get these all finished just in time for 9th edition!

Great theme, great game, great minis! - what if each squad was a different faction? future war cult would suit team magenta, New monarchy (red raptors are close just add some white and gold), dead orbit,etc. or the elites silver and gold like the iron banner loot? Lots of SW parts would be useful for an IB squad...and the Gally.. Argh so much you can do with it! Edited by Sandalphon

Been thinking about it, still not 100% sure which way i want to go with the rest of the infantry, but i DO now have a Single HQ to show off, the great Saint-14!
fjraVY9.jpgyxqCFVq.jpg

there are a few details i still want to do for him (like the gems on his helmet crest and button on his wrist) but overall i think this guy is mostly done!