Repressors and Argent Shroud

bkde

Just wondering how Repressors work with the Argent Shroud rules. 

Due to the unit inside being affected by the transport moving, but units not on the table being affected by abilities/auras.  Would a unit inside an Argent Shroud Repressor that advances still be able to shoot while counting as though they had moved (due to Argent Shroud rules).

I'm sure this is something that will definitely be cleared up in the Forge World book/when the sisters get and FAQ, but for a friendly game the thought of running an Argent Shroud Repressor loaded with melta doms or heavy flamer Rets under Hand of the Emperor Sacred Rite just sounds fun and could help make use of the Repressors I have in my collection.

Thanks!

It looks like the rule on the Firing Ports states that any movement state/restriction on the vehicle is conferred to the occupants.  So simply put, the occupants have advanced when you advance the Repressor.

As far as I know, and as far as I have read... embarked units cannot do anything unless a rule says they can, nor can they be affected by things on the battlefield (like auras) since those things cannot draw line of effect to the physical unit, but nothing I have read states that they do not have rules.  So Argent Shroud Order trait should still apply.

That being said... the Repressor is just becoming a clunky model in the current edition without any active love/updating from Forge World... but at least the FAQ gave it some of the faction traits!  Yay...

With the FAQ in effect and IF the new FW book doesn't consign it to "FW-Legends", I might get myself a conversion kit to give my Argent Shroud one for giggles. Now if only I had four multimeltas instead of just two to put in there (given my AS are metal).