The Double Dip: Angel's Wing and Cretacian Born in same list

Indefragable

I think this idea has been around for a while now, but I want to lay how exactly it is able to be done:

Taking both The Angel's Wing as a Relic on character A and the Flesh Tearers' Cretacian Born WLT on character B. 

Here are the rules interactions that I can think of:

• According to the rules, "if your warlord is from Faction A" you can take relics from Faction A's list. 
  • In the Flesh Tearers' mini-supplement, it says "the rules in this section can be used in addition to those presented in Codex: Blood Angels" (emphasis added by me). 
  • The Honored by Baal stratagem from Blood of Baal lets a Successor Chapter take a BA relic for 1CP. 
  • Hero of the Chapter lets you nominate one <Character> that is not your Warlord and give them a Warlord Trait. 

Method of Double-Dipping 1:

• Take a FT detachment. Give character A The Angel's Wing and make character B your WL with Cretacian Born

Method 2:

• One BA detachment and one FT detachment
  • Give BA character A The Angel's Wing and make FT character B your warlord with Cretacian Born. BA Char A is still eligible for Hero of the Chapter

Method 3:

• One BA detachment and one FT detachment
  • Make BA character A your WLT and give him The Angel's Wing. Use Hero of the Chapter to make FT character B able to take a WLT and give him Cretacian Born. 

I know it is possible, but for some reason (lack of coffee?) I can not wrap my head around exactly which ways are/are not "legal". 

Thanks.

This might not be strictly on topic, but if your real goal is to get a second way to ignore overwatch there's another, possibly cleaner, option: including an Inquisitor with Terrify.

Pros:

Doesn't break Savage Echoes

Doesn't require the inclusion of Flesh Tearers

Doesn't require any CP

Doesn't require the use of a detachment

Has additional utility

Cons:

A character that is likely to accomplish little on it's own

Psychic powers can be denied

A friendly unit that can't be overwatched is stronger than turning off the overwatch on an enemy (especially with stuff like Tau FTGG)

Will be harder to get into position unless you buy a Drop Pod or pay extra for a Terminator variant

My apologies if that option was something this thread was deliberately not considering.

This might not be strictly on topic, but if your real goal is to get a second way to ignore overwatch there's another, possibly cleaner, option: including an Inquisitor with Terrify.

Pros:

Doesn't break Savage Echoes

Doesn't require the inclusion of Flesh Tearers

Doesn't require any CP

Doesn't require the use of a detachment

Has additional utility

Cons:

A character that is likely to accomplish little on it's own

Psychic powers can be denied

A friendly unit that can't be overwatched is stronger than turning off the overwatch on an enemy (especially with stuff like Tau FTGG)

Will be harder to get into position unless you buy a Drop Pod or pay extra for a Terminator variant

My apologies if that option was something this thread was deliberately not considering.

It's worth consideration, since I suppose the heart of this thread is "messing with your opponent's overwatch." 

...why not 2x Captains that shut off OW AND an Inquisitor? And lets spam Suppressors while we're at it :) 

It's a good point to consider, but my personal interest is in having 2x Captain Smashes for all intensive porpoises

My good stuff list in the BA army list forum was an attempt to do this exactly, as well as getting the inquisitors Terrify AND an SoS for FT SG.
Method 1 you present is really intriguing though and prob needs more consideration. The only drawbacks i see are the not being able to include other BA relics like the SoS or VV, or take BA warlord traits.

It's worth consideration, since I suppose the heart of this thread is "messing with your opponent's overwatch." 

...why not 2x Captains that shut off OW AND an Inquisitor? And lets spam Suppressors while we're at it :smile.:

It's a good point to consider, but my personal interest is in having 2x Captain Smashes for all intensive porpoises

Indeed! But are you going to have three separate assault groups that require the No overwatch? Almost feels like you would be spreading yourself too thin maybe?

...why not 2x Captains that shut off OW AND an Inquisitor? And lets spam Suppressors while we're at it :smile.:

Indeed! But are you going to have three separate assault groups that require the No overwatch? Almost feels like you would be spreading yourself too thin maybe?

All depends, but against certain opponents it could win you the game. A single no-Overwatch Smash Captain will do work, but somewhat easily be burned down. Two of them is suddenly a terrifying prospect. Having a 3rd source of no overwatch means your Troops (like my Incursor spam) also get into combat unscathed to ties things up and do work.