Astorath a Master of Sanctity?

Drunken Angel

I noticed Astorath's data sheet in Blood of Baal includes the keyword "Master of Sanctity"

I guess this is part of the Blood Angels becoming more SM codex compliant.

Does he get this without using a command point as a codex SM chaplain would.

Astorath is a named character with the keyword Master of Sanctity does this bypass the SM Codex excluding named characters?

Does Astorath have access to the relics and warlord traits available to Masters of Sanctity.

If he does get Master of Sanctity then point for point Astorath is one of the best chaplains ever to exist.

Your thoughts ?  I know this is a rule question but it is a BA specific rule, where better to ask.

Edited by Drunken Angel

I noticed Astorath's data sheet in Blood of Baal includes the keyword "Master of Sanctity"

I guess this is part of the Blood Angels becoming more SM codex compliant.

Does he get this without using a command point as a codex SM chaplain would.

Astorath is a named character with the keyword Master of Sanctity does this bypass the SM Codex excluding named characters?

Does Astorath have access to the relics and warlord traits available to Masters of Sanctity.

If he does get Master of Sanctity then point for point Astorath is one of the best chaplains ever to exist.

Your thoughts ?  I know this is a rule question but it is a BA specific rule, where better to ask.

It's just a keyword to future proof things. He is the Master of Sanctity after all, regardless of whether we have access to the upgrade Stratagem or not. Just like most T'au Battlesuits have the Jetpack keyword without it being mentioned anywhere else.

So yes he has it without using a command point, no it doesn't bypass the Stratagem limitation because it has nothing to do with the Stratagem, no he only has access to the same things any other Chaplain in our Codex has except for relics or warlord traits since he is a named character, yes he is very good.

Edited by Panzer

Astorath is nothing to do with the Space Marine Codex. His datasheet is as it is - a better Chaplain with a couple of bonuses that many Special Characters get.

You don't pay Command Points to access anything with him. His relics and Wargear Traits are already set; you can in no way add to this.

Hmm, ninjas everywhere