Blood Angel's Librarian Dreads Trio Wips

Rescuing some Ebay purchases. The one I painted seemed legit. He had extra weapon options with forge world packaging. The other 2 had some flaws and definitely bootlegged but got them for 40 bucks each. Both were in stupid poses. I used glue remover on the bare one...definitely not FW resin..it made it really soft and I screwed up some stuff. So I just used a Tamiya photoprinted micro saw to cut the primed model best I could..which was also magnetized at elbow and for wrist weapons..

I have a few things that I have to finish on the bare model just to tie in his 'charm necklace' as my daughter called it as well as clean up some joints that got soft and were semi mutilated from my knife. But I like the pose.

For the primed one i want to do something with his open hand to represent a psychic power...either some sort of floating shield with an aura to represent Shield of Sanguinius or a floating chalice with flames as well some dripping blood to represent Boiling Blood...but both are kind of past my limits on sculpting.

What should I try? I run one of the relic sarcophagus. Should I paint one Gold like. Sanguinary Guard and have all the fillgree be lit up like runes on the armor?

fHHGFxU.jpg

cGjAddF.jpg

There is a first time for everything, right? :smile.:

For creating a Psychic Power depiction, I would use some existing part representing the effect some bent wire to represent the warp. You cold find a chalice in the BA upgrade sprue. A shield would be found anywhere really. AoS has some fancy ones definitely. 

The wire will obviously have a set diameter across whole length, but you enlarge it wit PVA glue, GS, even thickly applied paint.

The minimum approach would be to just try painting some kind of glow in the palm of his hand.

Edited by Majkhel

Dreads look great! I've seen the Custard ones used for this a few times and its really effective. The poses you've done make them really stand out tho. My favourite has to be the primed one holding out his hand.

For the psychic power you could use the Chalice from the Space Hulk game, maybe pin it to the hand so its slightly floating then sculpt some flames from the top or steal some from a Salamanders or SoB kit.

More please

Update...I went with the burning skull with pouring blood to represent Blood Boil psychic power. This is the first time I've tried to sculpt flames and drips..used mostly miliput and some Vallejo plastic putty.

For the paint I tried a technique I've used on marines that didnt work out well. I airbrushed the Vallejo true metal Aluminum over the whole model then used GW contrast paints and washes. I wanted him to look all chromed out. The blue which I used BT black + Drakenhof Nightshade in a 1/4 ratio worked out but the flesh tearers red failed me. I thinned the stuff out and I kept wiping any pooling to keep it even but still turning out uneven. So I'm just going to to go over it with khorne red. You can see the lower half I've gone over and the top parts are the FT red contrast. Looks awesome when it does what I wanted. I'll just use base paint and glaze medium next time. I've tried a few different things with the bone...I cant quite envision let alone paint burnt bone...other than those 2 things it's coming along fine.

uy2KUcQ.jpg

Edited by Debauchery101