Nightlords chaos lord

Thinking about making a nightlords chaos lord (with the relic sword) and wanted to make home a bit more interesting... picture him casually swooping down and decapitating a poor guardsman...

I’m hoping the plume can make a good blood spray once painted up.

Just not sure about the sword pose... but not sure how to improve...

1044414_sm-.jpeg

Neat idea. The way I see it, we're seeing the follow through of the swing that dispatched the Guardsman. I think the placement of the sword is about right but i'd suggest reversing the hands if possible. Unless you're going for a reverse grip, the thumbs ought to point toward the blade, so the model's right palm should face up and left should face down.

I really like the idea, and everything is good with the decapitated: I really love the concept of CSM slaughtering humans and the model (seems non GW) does a lot in giving power to the lord. Unfortunately the lord seems just a regular raptor with a fancy (and large) sword. The grip is a bit strange, but what is really lucking in my opinion is a "better" head or something to really represent his status, maybe also some "wow factor" like wings on the jet-pack. The idea is really good, so with some touches this could become very characterful!

1044839_sm-.jpeg

Got impatient and started to slap on some paint. Unfortunately, I primed black before trying a new dark blue spray (tamiya). It gives a nice metallic blue sheen... but under most light is barely distinguishable from black... now I’m worried he looks more like black legion than night lords. Ah well, just “in midnight clad” to the max!

Got to work on the blood effects next... figure out how much more cover/splatter I want and if I need to add depth.

• 1 month later...

Got around to looking at the pose again and chopped him up. Thinking of embracing the black legion vibe and making him a chainlord (getting enthusiasms after converting Abaddon)

1049143_sm-.jpeg

Added a plasma pistol to explain why he is looking ahead, and I think that the sword pose is much better now.