Lord of Skulls conversion

Might be getting a bit ambitious here... hopefully not above my skull level!

Early concept posing for kitbashed lord of skulls:

1045212_sm-.jpeg

I’ve got some skulls, khorne sigils and a dozer blade (to flatten front hull profile). Oh, and tracks! And a cunning plan for the smoke stacks!

Ambition is how you improve! That's a really solid start! The figure actually works really well, my only fear is that without a bit more work it's going to be almost too recognizable. 

I'm looking forward to seeing this develop!

• 4 months later...

Put this project to one side for a long time. Finally picked it up again tonight and started trying to figure out the bits again! (I moved, so some things - such as the pen cap I was going to use as a crafty belly cannon - are missing. But I think I have enough to make it work! (Need a pen cap though, I’m not convinced by the Covina’s imperialis spire!)

1066042_sm-.jpeg

He's coming along well. Are the tubes in front of the engine deck exhaust pipes, weapons (maybe mortar tubes for the mortal passengers to operate), or countermeasures (maybe flare launchers to lure away guided missiles) to counter enemy ranged attacks as the Lord of Skulls drives forth to reach those too cowardly to cross swords with him?

Are safety rails chaosy? Does khorne do health and safety?

If it lets the Blood God's worshipers live long enough to spill blood and take skulls, then yes, Khorne will do health and safety. The World Eaters still wear power and Terminator armor, after all.

Maybe if they had enough spikes?

Good point. It should work if you enclose the engine deck with stakes- with impaled corpses atop some of them- and suspend chains at knee-level between the stakes (so the Khorne berserkers can leap over them to quickly get into battle).

Are safety rails chaosy? Does khorne do health and safety?

If it lets the Blood God's worshipers live long enough to spill blood and take skulls, then yes, Khorne will do health and safety. The World Eaters still wear power and Terminator armor, after all.

Maybe if they had enough spikes?

Good point. It should work if you enclose the engine deck with stakes- with impaled corpses atop some of them- and suspend chains at knee-level between the stakes (so the Khorne berserkers can leap over them to quickly get into battle).

That sounds genius. As it happens, I have a length of fine copper chain that might be perfect for this!