Death Guard Blistered Lip Warband

Debauchery101

I've been on a recent journey to learn weathering techniques and get better with airbrushing. I figured what better type of marines to learn on than deathguard...if it isn't the best well it works for them...kinda like my all metal greater possesed I tried using oil washes on...he is the wrong model. Too much spiky details to do it right. It actually looks good but his paintjob takes lousy pictures.

mNLydTj.jpg

zpAH539.jpg

up3b1TJ.jpg

Edited by Debauchery101

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I shelved my contrast paints for a few months because IMO they don't work for me well on marines. But with models like this they're great.

I found a Contrast Poxwalker tutorial on YouTube i mostly followed which was great. My alternate scheme was that I used NAZDREG YELLOW for the horns and IYANDEN YELLOW for the boils. Layer on thick it gives that reddish infected look around the boils. I also use a thinned FLESH TEARERS RED to further the look. The third thing I did different was using mettalics instead of an NMM technique..

His video link..https://youtu.be/ObmoGZQ-hJ8

itUub9j.jpg

I shelved my contrast paints for a few months because IMO they don't work for me well on marines. But with models like this they're great.

I found a Contrast Poxwalker tutorial on YouTube i mostly followed which was great. My alternate scheme was that I used NAZDREG YELLOW for the horns and IYANDEN YELLOW for the boils. Layer on thick it gives that reddish infected look around the boils. I also use a thinned FLESH TEARERS RED to further the look. The third thing I did different was using mettalics instead of an NMM technique..I also tested a scheme using TERRADON TURQOISE and PLAGUEBEARER for the next unit. I have 60 in total and ill be making each unit to look a bit different

His video link..https://youtu.be/ObmoGZQ-hJ8

itUub9j.jpg