Maybe returning to BA's

dbecer01

Since I have some Death company, some of the older named characters,  some smash captains, and some scout squads, I was thinking that I could fill out the army with the Battleforce box from ebay.

My one worry, is that a lot of them are the mini-marines. We already see the Death Company being replaced by the primaris. So, do you guys think the box is still a good buy, or should I just wait until GW puts out a primaris box to replace the golden boys and such?

As discussed in other topics, particularly for the BA Classic Tried—And-True Marines work just as good if not better than New Coke Marines. ;) In fact, many of them fill roles that Primaris simply cannot: Sang Guard, Death Company, CQC Scouts, and Capt Smash being the key ones.

BA are in a pretty good place overall since both Primaris and Classic marines work well for us and if someone wants to go all Primaris, it’s not an obvious clunker, just like someone wants to go all Classic, it’s not an auto loss either.

The units mentioned above I would save are the staples for us of the Classic lineup.

Death Company have not been replaced by Primaris. There is now a Death Company Primaris option, but Death Company Intercessors fulfil a fundamentally different role (and are noticeably worse than) regular Death Company. There is no real reason to replace your Death Company with Death Company Intercessors.

The Crimson Spear Strike force is a good value box, and the Sanguinary Guard, the Death Company and the Intercessors are all excellent units. However, the Terminator Captain is very average, the Jump Pack Chaplain, while not bad, is outshone by the named characters Astorath and Lemartes, and the Baal Predator is simply not very good these days. Depending on how competitive you're looking to be, this maybe be something you want to take into consideration when deciding if you should buy the box.

I want to play blood angels with speed and violence. I want as many of my troops to be on jump packs. I want to deepstrike, and swoop in from the skies, and straight murder. I don't like the idea of a stagnant BA force. That's why I want my Death Company and golden boys.

"It's better to burn out than fade away ..." -- The motha-f'in Kurgan! :P

Edited by dbecer01

I want to play blood angels with speed and violence. I want as many of my troops to be on jump packs. I want to deepstrike, and swoop in from the skies, and straight murder. I don't like the idea of a stagnant BA force. That's why I want my Death Company and golden boys.

"It's better to burn out than fade away ..." -- The motha-f'in Kurgan! :tongue.:

Well if that's what you're after you've certainly come to the right place. Welcome aboard the Baal train, and may you rip and tear!

Question, how would you reply to someone playing Chaos, and insinuating that blood angels are basically following Khorne, because they love apilling blood, and go into berzerker rages.

I'd tell them to read some friggin Blood Angels lore instead of making up some half-baked theory.

If Blood Angels were following Khorne, Ka'Bandha wouldn't be so after corrupting them and there's a distinct difference between their rage and Khorne infused rage. Also Blood Angels don't love spilling blood. Not more than most others. They crave drinking blood when they see or smell it. They are space vampires.

Though if it's just some banter instead of meant seriously ... eh whatever. Saying Blood Angels are worshipping Khorne is an easy grab for obvious reasons. It's like calling Space Wolves furries or Black Templar Word Bearers or Ultramarines Posterboys. 

I have rather enjoyed using Inceptors to provide close fire support for such units. They are pretty durable with 3 wounds each and benefit from the same characters like Sanguinary Priest and Ancient with Standard of Sacrifice that you might want to run your Sanguinary Guard with.

Question, how would you reply to someone playing Chaos, and insinuating that blood angels are basically following Khorne, because they love apilling blood, and go into berzerker rages.

Heh. World Eaters need the blessings of the dark gods and 10,000 years to be as bloodthirsty as the BA. BA are born that way. 

To be a Khorne follower, you have to follow Khorne. That's the definition at a very very basic level. Do the BA revere Khorne? No. 

Do they act in the same manner as some of the followers of Khorne? Yes. Does that mean a Khorne follower with a boltgun is basically an ultramarine?

Edited by Xenith

Tell him to  go ask  Ka'bandha for his thoughts on that. 

And then run for your life because Ka'Bandha won't stand this mockery. :D 

Khorne sooooooo wishes BA were his followers :D

‘I do not care.’ Jool raised his sword. ‘Sanguinius banished you. I cannot. I come to give you my testament, daemon,’ he said, his voice strangled. ‘They call us monsters, rightfully so, but let it be known to you and your master that it is Sanguinius’ fury that gives me strength, not bastard Khorne’s.’
Sentor Jool roared his last and charged at the Angels’ Bane.

Tell him to  go ask  Ka'bandha for his thoughts on that. 

And then run for your life because Ka'Bandha won't stand this mockery. :biggrin.:

Ka'Banda finds it hard to stand at all with that broken back of his.

Don't Daemonic entities heal completely when they return to the warp?

Always depends on the kind of wound and its impact. Regular wounds, yes. Special wounds with meaning and whatever, no not necessarily.

Cross ref: Skarbrand's wings, Magnus's eye, Mortarion's heart, Angron's nails etc.

My comment was more tongue in cheek and there is nothing in the literature to support Ka'Banda's back still being broken.