New from the Community page

ValourousHeart

Me: *sees new models*. HOLY CRAP FW, take my money now! 

*cries in Dark Angel (of joy)*

Interrogator Stobz will probably detain me for this, but these would make fine 40k fallen models. Similar aesthetic to Cypher. 

Edited by Knight-Master Skywrath

Not gonna lie, I love the sculpt but I dislike the haphazard looking paintjob. The stark bone white on an otherwise red and black mini tends to push your eyes towards it as a focal point, but having the white all over the place makes several of the minis appear jumbled and confusing. Maybe just sticking to a helmet and the weapon arm to draw the eyes more uniformly would be better? Great concept, not so great execution.

The models are amazing and i will get them for sure

The paintjob is a reminder of the dual color Masters of RT era

You can see a Master in this dual color scheme (bone and green cause it's a post heresy Master)  in the cover of Dark millenium expansion for 2nd edition

pic1398612.jpg

Nice models but the paint job doesn't sell me on them.

Well it is the punch line of a joke from Junior High.

"What's black and white and red all over?"

Although the joke works better when the models are Albino Night Goblins on Squig hoppers.

Not gonna lie, I love the sculpt but I dislike the haphazard looking paintjob. The stark bone white on an otherwise red and black mini tends to push your eyes towards it as a focal point, but having the white all over the place makes several of the minis appear jumbled and confusing. Maybe just sticking to a helmet and the weapon arm to draw the eyes more uniformly would be better? Great concept, not so great execution.

My thought would be two things. First, rule of cool, do what you want. Second, my interpretation would be that each piece of armor painted bone shows each death blow that Dark Angel intercepted or is the piece that was damaged by said blow

After some thinking about how to use them in my army i think i'm going to make them the sergeants of my MK3 Veterans squads :

- the two with Storm Shield will be the Sergeants of the 2x5 Vets with Storm Shields and Storm Bolters

- the two with hand guns will be the Sergeants of the 2x5 Vets with Combi Plasma and Chainswords (using Interemptors)

- the last one with the two handed sword will be a Company Champion

With a little bit of conversion to make them more MK3 it's going to be glorious... we probably have not the best rules but we have the best minis :yes:

Just like with the contemptor dread and the praetor that came in the autumn, I think they are too knightly and too blingy at the same time. It's not models I will look to add to my collection for the forseeable future.

Also, I find most of the poses off.

Glad the rest of you dig them :)

Just like with the contemptor dread and the praetor that came in the autumn, I think they are too knightly and too blingy at the same time. It's not models I will look to add to my collection for the forseeable future.

Glad the rest of you dig them :)

The DA ARE knightly in particolar in 30k

Glad the rest of you dig them :smile.:

The DA ARE knightly in particolar in 30k

This. Dark Angels were crusading knights who became warrior-monks by the time of the 41st millenium whereas the slot of knights was filled by the Black Templars and (slightly) by the Grey Knights. I love that the ForgeWorld miniatures lean heavily into that knightly past because back in 30k that past was very much still present with the Lion having led the Order and much of the earliest recruits from Caliban being former knights of the different knightly orders who had ridden on literal horses.

After some thinking about how to use them in my army i think i'm going to make them the sergeants of my MK3 Veterans squads :

- the two with Storm Shield will be the Sergeants of the 2x5 Vets with Storm Shields and Storm Bolters

- the two with hand guns will be the Sergeants of the 2x5 Vets with Combi Plasma and Chainswords (using Interemptors)

With a little bit of conversion to make them more MK3 it's going to be glorious... we probably have not the best rules but we have the best minis :yes:

Interesting idea. I plan on using the sword/bolter model as a generic Master, with magnetized ranged weapon options. The two sword and shields will be a pair of veterans with storm shields and power swords, with the powerfist guy as the sergeant. Then the two-handed guy acts as a company champion. Should be a fun little melee squad in a Razorback.

Interesting idea. I plan on using the sword/bolter model as a generic Master, with magnetized ranged weapon options. The two sword and shields will be a pair of veterans with storm shields and power swords, with the powerfist guy as the sergeant. Then the two-handed guy acts as a company champion. Should be a fun little melee squad in a Razorback.

Yeah the one with the two handed sword will make a excellent Company Champion ! :happy.:

I'm happy because i was looking for a third Champion... the other two that i already got are Balthazar from Dark Vengeance and the (soon to be converted) Emperor's Champion.

Edited by Chaplain Elijah