I am so in love with the new Deathwing lore from Forge World

This new tidbit of the original Deathwing being given the honor of wearing the color of bone as a mark of honor to indicate that they had intercepted a deathblow meant for their liege and survived it is just so perfect I love it. It makes perfect sense that as the veterans in the Deathwing became stewards of their greatest shame they intercepted the deathblow that would have been dealt to the chapter if Luther's rebellion and fall had become common knowledge. Over time the truth would be hidden in an allegorical tale of weary warriors returning home from war only to find it taken over by an outside evil and the whole group of warriors marking their armor bone white to indicate they are dead men walking. All this, while the dutiful warriors of Deathwing continue to carry the shame and dishonour, their armor carrying a twisted version of an old mark of honour just like they themselves are honorable warriors twisted by the dishonorable actions they sometimes need to take to keep the chapter's secret safe. Just one more honorable tradition that should fill the heart of every Dark Angel with pride twisted and distorted by what they have had to do because of Luther's betrayal.

I mean what more can I add? The Dark Angels just have some sweet sweet lore and I can't wait to learn more of our Legion in the upcoming book :wub: :biggrin.:

Its interesting that what you took from it.

I took it as the deathwing taking the bullet when genestealers infested the plains world. Lending some truth/tradition to the story, mixed with some legend.

Traditions dont last long without becoming parodies of themselves by people who werent there originally. You can see it in todays military and our uniforms and traditions. Saluting is one of the best examples

Edited by jbaeza94