Raptors WIP...mostly using Airbrush and glazing

Now that I got an upgraded airbrush I can do smaller models a lot easier. I'm learning more about the pre shading and glazing. I'll be honest I was going to do Raven Guard but I'm not going to go insane doing that white on the arms, wings and helmets...NOPE

The eliminators boxed set is great. You get a lot of extra weapons. It's quite easy to make other phobos into Snipers.

Raptors Chapter Shadow Company

https://imgur.com/gallery/1iXOLCU

It took me 3 hours to get the white to pop like this...

GQ5w94A.jpg

AvLPjSK.jpg

Pvt Schmuckatelli got drunk and missed formation to get painted

Kw0jzdq.jpg

1UeTyDZ.jpg

Edited by Debauchery101

Looking good and great start. The poses on the first squad of eliminators is cool with all the variation (i.e. not just standing and shooting) The shade of green is spot on. I’ve got the same itch for my shadowspear box. There’s some great books out there about US forces and Vietnam era LRRP missions, squad structure, and fluff inspiration if needed. I’ve Always pictured the Raptors with their Ravenguard heritage as operating isn’t at way; or even as a modern USMC Force Recon would.

Look forward to more to come.

Looking good and great start. The poses on the first squad of eliminators is cool with all the variation (i.e. not just standing and shooting) The shade of green is spot on. I’ve got the same itch for my shadowspear box. There’s some great books out there about US forces and Vietnam era LRRP missions, squad structure, and fluff inspiration if needed. I’ve Always pictured the Raptors with their Ravenguard heritage as operating isn’t at way; or even as a modern USMC Force Recon would.

Look forward to more to come.

Funny you mention USMC. I was in the Marines 8 yrs, was a raider for the last 3. I made the one squad with the cloaks wrapped up because I imagined they are trying to quickly get to a good position. It's a common tactic in urban warfare to have a fireteam of designated marksmen to move up the flanks and either cover the advancing and/or take shots at enemies who are moving in reaction the other marines. I wasnt a sniper but id assume the reason is because they'd be a pain in the @$$ catching on stuff

Yeah I know they're nothing fancy but I'm trying get a whole army done in 2 weeks for an ITC event...well if they dont cancel because of fake pandemonium with the virus...a virus I might add that if the creator of this was a Nurgle devotee, he'd definitely be blessed with Spawndom for such a week affliction

Semper Fi; those Helmets look great on the Reivers! These raptors are coming out great and have inspired me to start working on mine finally. I never got the chance to serve; but thank you for you and your brothers. Looking forward to your progress on this Project and will post mine soon in separate thread. Cool idea too that one eliminator Squad is static and in place like the las fusil long range anti material squad and other squad is advancing to its hide on the flanks of the main column. I’ve always liked the raptors as out of all the chapters they seemed a little more ‘realistic’ in their tactics and color scheme. Keep up the great work Edited by Yosef Hausakluif