Blood Angels - Return to the hobby 1st Project Log

Salutations brothers!

I have returned to the hobby after a lurking hiatus of many years, and I am taking the foray into the world of the sons of the fabulous Hawk Boy, The Blood Angels.

I plan on completing a 2k list, mixing the tried and tested staple B.A units, and some primaris. 

Right now I own the following
- Termi Captain
- Chaplain
- Mephiston
- 10 Tac marines
- 15 Death Company
- 10 Sang. Guard
- 2 x preds

Most are the process of assembly and priming, but I have spent some time painting up the chaplain. The wash has made the black glossier than i would like, so  I'll be hitting it with a matt varnish before I finishing highlighting. Also, I'm shooting from my phone camera currently, so it is applying a rediculous amount of bokeh to the image and post processing. I'll be getting the DSLR out for future shots

Yo9uXYN.jpg?1

Cheers bud, I decided to use extra gold accents just to make him pop a little more. It's been a while since I worked on anything so small, so I am still working on my paint consistency on the heavier pigments.

• 1 month later...

So bit of a long while since I updated, taking my time getting back into it and not burning out. However, I have spent some time on my Mephiston model, just have details and finishing touches to do now

1Tg08aN.jpg

I like what you did with his face, especially the dark areas around his eyes.

Thanks bud, I wanted to add an air of darkness around him. Something just doesnt sit right with the way the Eavy Metal team painted him it's too bright and pristine for the Lord Of Death 

Also done the majority of the red work on my Baal Pred,  unfortunately came out a little chalky in places.

2yNyFZO.jpg

Edited by FergyFergz