Hermanista's Eclectic Menagerie - Random Projects

Evening!

So I've got some specific threads in certain subforums, but thought I'd group a load of stuff together.

Starting on this little toy - A Valder tank hunter vandalised, defiled and hot wired by some naughty Genestealer Juves...

Still heavily WIP, but it's getting closer to finish, another week or two maybe with luck.

oNm3VxC.jpg

0rKIPut.jpg

d0nHUgu.jpg

FFXNxbX.jpg

csdLuCc.jpg

rUAYZa8.jpg

WkEcPJn.jpg

7NOtMBI.jpg

The last four pictures were taken this evening after adding the decals and luckily show off the micro-weathering much better.

Those cracks will need a second highlight at some point...

What do folks think?

Chris

Some of it looks like when I spider my airbrush cuz I'm still learning lol

I feel your ability to do the cracks is great. I also think it may be a bit overdone and slightly off on the origination. Cracks and chips in powder coated paint usually originate from impacts that go to the metal, weld seams and where there are penetrations in metal to install bolts.

Have you tried using chipping mediums? For the edges that show metal I like to chip to primer then use metal on top and then use highlights on the edges of the main color that was chipped. It's like a 4 color look to the weathering

Also do you varnish at all before weathering? I find it really helps to use a varnish pre weathering. Washes and painted effects can be controlled and tweaked on a satin or gloss varnish.

Edited by Debauchery101