Lion's 30k Rules

I thought that the previous article said that the Lion Sword was for dealing with infantry and the Wolf Blade was for dealing with big things like Knights?

This community article indicates that the Lion Sword is for Characters and Vehicles, and the Wolf Blade is for large groups of infantry.

Is there a place I can find out what those rule means (Lance, Fleshbane, Shred).

games-workshop homepage link for 30k doesn't seem to be working.

I have some old rulebooks for 40k, but I'm not sure if these are the same as the USR were back them.

I thought that the previous article said that the Lion Sword was for dealing with infantry and the Wolf Blade was for dealing with big things like Knights?

This community article indicates that the Lion Sword is for Characters and Vehicles, and the Wolf Blade is for large groups of infantry.

Is there a place I can find out what those rule means (Lance, Fleshbane, Shred).

I have some old rulebooks for 40k, but I'm not sure if these are the same as the USR were back them.

What was said before was that the Lion Sword was for use vs characters and many lesser enemies, while the Wolf Blade is for use vs monsters (like large creatures/daemons).

Fleshbane means you always wound most non-vehicles on a 2+, while shred means you reroll all wound rolls. Lance provides some bonuses against heavier vehicles.

Unfortunately, this all means the chainsword is actually the best choice for most cases, as it outperforms the Lion Sword in all but a few edge cases. Though in my case, I'd be taking either based on the narrative of any particular game I play.

They are the same as the USR were back then, so Lance counts everything over AV12 as AV12, Fleshbane wounds everything with a toughness value on a 2+ and Shred means you get to reroll failed to wound rolls.

I feel this confusion is reflected in the rules as well, with the Wolf Blade being superior to the Lion Sword when attacking characters and vehicles and when attacking large groups of infantry. The Forge World account commented on Facebook that they are looking into this discrepancy with a cryptic message "We will try to decypher that secret....", so maybe something will change.

They are the same as the USR were back then, so Lance counts everything over AV12 as AV12, Fleshbane wounds everything with a toughness value on a 2+ and Shred means you get to reroll failed to wound rolls.

I feel this confusion is reflected in the rules as well, with the Wolf Blade being superior to the Lion Sword when attacking characters and vehicles and when attacking large groups of infantry. The Forge World account commented on Facebook that they are looking into this discrepancy with a cryptic message "We will try to decypher that secret....", so maybe something will change.

I mean, they fixed the Knights Cenobium rules issue of stating they can overwatch when the rules normally state Cataphractii armoured marines (which they are) can't overwatch after people pointed it out.

So that might b what they're referring to. An "oopsie, we made an error, thanks for pointing it out". Because to be fair, it's easy to make an error and not catch it because you've been working on it so long :lol:

That would be my assumption as well, maybe they move one of the rules around (if the Lion Sword has both shred and fleshbane being pretty close to auto-wound) maybe they give the Lion Sword some extra love (just 1 point of strength and it is IDing marines which is huge against 2 wound terminator squads and praetors) maybe they make the wolf blade unwieldy so that it is closer to an eviscerator... there are a lot of possibilities and only time will tell which one they end up picking.