Wording on the crusaders helm and transports.

Hi guys. Forgive me if this has been answered. I've searched all over these forums and others.

The crusaders helm says verbatim:

'at the start of your movement phase'

Transport rules don't really clarify when disembarking happens, only that it clarifies you are able to act normally after disembarking, and that you can move the transport afterwards.

It says:

'Any unit that begins its Movement phase embarked within a transport can disembark before the transport moves.'

So does disembarking happen when the unit 'begins' it's movement, so at 'the start' of the movement phase?

So can I use the crusaders helm buff on a unit coming out of a transport?

Disembarking requires you to be in the transport at the start of the phase, but I don't think the actual disembarkation happens at the start of the phase. For example, you could move another unit out of the way before disembarking.

very sad because you have to be on the table / disembarked to gain the benefit of the hlemet. So its often just reliable for charcters like a smash captain, a vanguard veteren squad (which has problems with that much indirect weapons in the current meta) or a Black Tide army.

Nope. Start of movement phase, then movement phase, then end of movement phase. All start of phase actions happen before any standard movement phase actions, and all end of phase actions happen after. So you couldn't disembark before using the helm buff, or after any deepstrike shinanigans.

Well of course deep strike happens at the end of the movement phase, same with drop pods.

I really don't think it would have been that unbalanced. It's a shame because there are so many little tweaks like that which would be super fluffy but are not included, presumably to stop some BS from happening in imperial soup lists.

I've had real fleeting success with our rules. Should I post a list here to get reviewed? I posted one in codex space marines army lists like a month ago and didn't get any response. haha

It definitely would not be OP for Litanies and the Crusader Helm to occur at the end of the movement phase, or during the psychic phase, or something. I think they just defaulted to "start of the battle round" because they aren't psychic effects, without thinking too much about deep strike/transport limitations.

I don't know about the mods, but I wouldn't mind army lists here.

It definitely would not be OP for Litanies and the Crusader Helm to occur at the end of the movement phase, or during the psychic phase, or something. I think they just defaulted to "start of the battle round" because they aren't psychic effects, without thinking too much about deep strike/transport limitations.

I don't know about the mods, but I wouldn't mind army lists here.

Lists should go in the list section.