30k Hobby Chat

I have been working recently on actually practising things I usually avoid or struggle with. As well as using colours that aren't just the standard Ultramarine's pallet of blue, white and red. As a result, I've ended up with an Emperor's Children Contemptor on the workbench and some eye lenses I'm quite pleased with...

IMG_3502_VSCO.thumb.jpg.8a8a22b4fb9831b77aaaa27259a8d459.jpg

Edited by Astartes Consul
Replaced terrible photo

I've been mocking up characters for my EC

I thought that Blood Angels & Dark Angels bits could make a good Emperor's (Children's) Champion (yes it will have the winged jump pack of the old Sanguinary Guard) - I'm quite happy with the champion as is.

And the Ravenwing upgrade sprue has a number of Techmarine bits so have mocked up a Techmarine with Cognis-signum (middle) and a Master of Signals (right), as that seems like a techy job.  I've got Mk. III legs in the post for the Techmarine (middle) - not sure about the extra sword - maybe a hand w/ Auspex or something?  Also I'm not sure he quite reads as a Tech marine - so any advice on how to give him a servo arm would be appreciated.  Master of Signals (right) needs more aerials I think?

large.IMG_20241008_114031.jpg.4cdfb899fe0f49adb205f118526e116c.jpg

Look at the cool Pauldrons from the Ravenwing upgrade sprue (left one has had the skull replaced with a different skull - from a Mk VII backpack I think).  Their opposite shoulder has one with the cog & skull completely removed as that's the one I'm putting the chapter symbol on.

large.IMG_20241008_114218.jpg.91169d22dc21f732adb5d8b3ad5b6c3e.jpg

Making some combi weapons for my SoH from scratch. A combi flamer made nearly exactly as the Salamander's Adherents, and a combi-grenade launcher using some pieces from Necromunda.

I'm quite happy with this two models, so I made 10 of each.

And I'm getting more combi plasmas from Deathwatch veterans. With a little luck tomorrow I'll get another 10. Of course,the Inquisitorial "I" will disappear.

20241015_191732.jpg

20241015_191608.jpg

20241015_191913.jpg

Edited by Agramar_The_Luna_Wolf