30k Hobby Chat

5 hours ago, calgar101 said:

I was having a hobby sort out and looking for the bits to finish off my unbuilt HH marines. Took a while to find the sprees and I discovered 10 more unbuilt Cataphractii Terminators, 20 mk4 marines, 60 mk3 marines and 15 Custodes. 

Definitely need help :blush::biggrin:

20240617_172815.jpg

Jeez where did you find those? Back of the sofa? Behind the fridge? In the jeans you wore last week?

Hey, if it’s all too much and you need “help” with all those MKIIIs, you know where to find me :wink:

On 6/17/2024 at 10:53 PM, TheArtilleryman said:

Jeez where did you find those? Back of the sofa? Behind the fridge? In the jeans you wore last week?

Hey, if it’s all too much and you need “help” with all those MKIIIs, you know where to find me :wink:

All my stuff was sorted into one room, I spent almost 2 years in hospital recovering from a brain injury so my collection was tidied/organised in my absence. Something I should have done a long time ago :biggrin:

Here is a picture of it all, out of shot on the right is a 6 drawer tower with some unbuilt stuff (maybe 200-300 marines) and another drawer with some other unbuilt stuff and 2 ebay purchases, small UM and small SW force.

I have a large backlog to build/paint and due to my current health, I can't really work so I have quite a bit of free time to sort through bit a few personal challenges to over come.

I have been collecting 40k since I was 8 and I am now 32, it was from around age 18 though my purchasing started to go a bit wild. A few years ago I had to remove myself from Facebook trade groups as I kept buying other people's unfinished projects and adding to my pile.

Sorry for the long post, hope this gives some context :biggrin:

Edit: and this is after I sold a chunk of stuff; 4 companies or so of Marines, several vehicles including half a dozen land raiders. 3 warhounds, 3 FW Knights and 4 GW knights.

In 2010 I ordered 40 battle force boxes from Dark Sphere, there is a picture on my profile here some where.

20240617_164559.thumb.jpg.13b8917de7bf1afa407655a334b86a6b.jpg

20240617_164615.jpg

Edited by calgar101
Removed picture with my personal details on it, oops!

Hope you are feeling better!

yeah the backlogs very massive after a bit. I have a shelves of unbuilt stuff, cabinets full of unpainted models and that’s just at my house at my parents I have company plus of Marines over 100 pewter sisters and a bunch of Primaris stuff. 

3 hours ago, calgar101 said:

All my stuff was sorted into one room, I spent almost 2 years in hospital recovering from a brain injury so my collection was tidied/organised in my absence. Something I should have done a long time ago :biggrin:

Here is a picture of it all, out of shot on the right is a 6 drawer tower with some unbuilt stuff (maybe 200-300 marines) and another drawer with some other unbuilt stuff and 2 ebay purchases, small UM and small SW force.

I have a large backlog to build/paint and due to my current health, I can't really work so I have quite a bit of free time to sort through bit a few personal challenges to over come.

I have been collecting 40k since I was 8 and I am now 32, it was from around age 18 though my purchasing started to go a bit wild. A few years ago I had to remove myself from Facebook trade groups as I kept buying other people's unfinished projects and adding to my pile.

Sorry for the long post, hope this gives some context :biggrin:

Edit: and this is after I sold a chunk of stuff; 4 companies or so of Marines, several vehicles including half a dozen land raiders. 3 warhounds, 3 FW Knights and 4 GW knights.

In 2010 I ordered 40 battle force boxes from Dark Sphere, there is a picture on my profile here some where.

20240617_164559.thumb.jpg.13b8917de7bf1afa407655a334b86a6b.jpg

20240617_164615.jpg

20240617_164604.jpg

That is lot of boxes! One can only imagine the treasure that lies within.

Sorry to hear about your injury but really glad you’re on the mend.

Thanks, getting there slowly. The non working thing is more frustrating but hey ho that's life.

There is a fair amount of treasure but also some plain old repetition of boring line units.

Back to Heresy, I was thinking of using my Mk3 to make Breacher/Phalanx Warder units and some Heavy weapon squads backed by some dreadnoughts.

The majority of mk4 to be Blood Angels plus Cataphractii Terminators. 

Lastly the White Scars would be a mix of mk3 and mk4 troops, some Jetbikes because it's White Scar and Land Speeder Javelins as support.

That's my rough plan, using up my backlog and when it comes possible, adding some units I like.

The overall idea is forces based on the Siege of Terra, scratch forces created in the dying moments to buy Terra more time, denial companies so to speak but outside of the Palace. I want to reflect the nature of each legion too but with some twists; the Blood Angels being terminator heavy for example instead of lots of jump troops, although I will get 1 assault squad for them.

I love the idea of your forces and I am jealous of this WS model. 

99560101631_WSKyzaganAssaultSpeeder01.thumb.jpg.bb13ab1079800963d42498bd013b011b.jpg

I bought that last Legiones Astartes Battle Group So I could make Mk III breachers, add the Proteus Land Raider to my Pride of the Legion Terminator army, and the Deredeo well yeah I have it. 

Thank you very much, as I said, the Siege of Terra series is heavily influencing my army idea. Read it several times now.

It is a great model, perfectly visualise what a Land Speeder should be in my opinion. Hopefully it gets the plastic treatment. I have worked with resin models before but I hate it.

Oh that sounds like a good force, good mix of heavy infantry and armour. 

Just 6? :biggrin:

My unrealistic goal is to have each and every legion done as in 250k UM, etc etc plus the Ten Thousand Custodes.

Realistically Siege of Terra loyalists, UM, a Shattered Legion force with some loyalists from other Traitor legions, each Primarch, some Mechanicum, Sisters of Silence and Solar Auxilia and then some Anabasis strike force... so yeah not much

I am not doing full companies. It is  more of the Terrans were deployed on a mission removed from their companies. 

On 6/17/2024 at 4:48 PM, calgar101 said:

I was having a hobby sort out and looking for the bits to finish off my unbuilt HH marines. Took a while to find the sprees and I discovered 10 more unbuilt Cataphractii Terminators, 20 mk4 marines, 60 mk3 marines and 15 Custodes. 

Definitely need help :blush::biggrin:

20240617_172815.jpg

Oh I'm eager to help you. A lot...:devil:

Nothing too exciting but I put together 60 Mk3 legs, I remember why I stopped building them, those years ago. The all in one mk4 legs far quicker to do :biggrin:

Over the years I have tried a few different systems of building units, to work out the most efficient and least boring. I do it on stages now, one 'section' at a time. By the end of this weekend I should have all the bodies done and all mould lines completely tidied up (pretty good so far on those). 

My aim is by the end of next week to have 60 Mk3 Marines built and zenithal primed.

Hope you are all hobbying well.

20240621_181704.jpg