Warhammer Community Mig's BA - Parts List

Father Mapple

Brethren, I need some help identify all the bits or parts used in this recent post on the Warhammer Community page. It looks like all primaris sized models, but many counts as death company, scouts, Dante, and Lemartes.

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2020/04/16/baal-dominatus-migs-blood-angelsgw-homepage-post-2fw-homepage-post-2/

It looks like many were the easy to build kits due to the repeated poses on the squad members. The intercessors look like they just have BA upgrades and other bits on them.

Dante looks to be a Storm Cast with sanguinary guard or death company bits.

Lemartes is the primaris chaplain, and Mephiston is the new model.

The interesting conversations are the death company and scouts. Are they intercessors bodies for the death company with Death Co bits, or another kit?

And I don't know the new primaris well enough to know if the scouts are reivers or another kit. Looks like maybe skitarri heads on some of them?

They are really swell looking conversions, and as I catch up on my backlog for my BA successors which will be all old Marines, I am looking at starting a primaris only lamenters force and would love to still use BA rules, but do conversions like this.

Thanks in advance!

Edited by Father Mapple

Dante looks to be a Storm Cast with sanguinary guard or death company bits.

Lemartes is the primaris chaplain, and Mephiston is the new model.

The interesting conversations are the death company and scouts. Are they intercessors bodies for the death company with Death Co bits, or another kit?

And I don't know the new primaris well enough to know if the scouts are reivers or another kit. Looks like maybe skitarri heads on some of them?

Dante is indeed a Stormcast. Unsure of the specific kit, but I think it might be one of the flying dudes. Lemartes is a Primaris Chaplain on top of Intercessor legs.

DC Intercessors have some of the FW Night Lords upgrade heads on a few of them. Most of the parts look to be from the Death Company kit though. I also see a Mark III Thunder Hammer on the rightmost one.

The Scouts look to be a combination of the Reivers and Incursor/Infiltrator kit. The heads you're referring to are from the Eliminator kit

The Death Company looks like they're based on Intercessor bodies to me. The Scouts look like they're based on Phobos bodies of some sort though I don't know if they're Reivers or Incursors. Their backpacks look like Skitarii backpacks, but the cowled heads look like Eliminator heads to me, not Skitarii.

Thanks for the really quick response.

If anyone else can see some unusual bits from some other kit, please add on. It's a good looking army and weathered well in my opinion. It looks like Dante needs more shading or detail picked out, but otherwise great.

Edited by Father Mapple

Also, his images on instagram have a better background. The "neutral" background is wreaking havoc on his definition and so Dante looks very washed out and lacking in depth.

Not to encourage anyone to go on instagram but worth it if the gold seems to lack depth to you.

A little thing to remember - scouts currenty should be on 25mm bases. Also Lemartes should be on 32mm, not 40mm

That being said - rule of cool all the way. And those are really cool models. I especially like the scout carrying a HB like a Terminator. Hell-yeah!

A little thing to remember - scouts currenty should be on 25mm bases. Also Lemartes should be on 32mm, not 40mm

That being said - rule of cool all the way. And those are really cool models. I especially like the scout carrying a HB like a Terminator. Hell-yeah!

At the same time though there are no rules for base sizes in 40k and it all depends on the tournament organizer.

Can anyone tell me where lamertes helmet is from?

It looks more like a chaos marine helmet that's been converted, but I can't find the base model anywhere.

My money is on FW Night Lords Legion Terror squad upgrade pack: https://www.forgeworld.co.uk/en-GB/Night-Lords-Legion-Terror-Squad-Upgrade-Pack-Heads

Check the one on the right in the second bottom line

Can anyone tell me where lamertes helmet is from?

It looks more like a chaos marine helmet that's been converted, but I can't find the base model anywhere.

My money is on FW Night Lords Legion Terror squad upgrade pack: https://www.forgeworld.co.uk/en-GB/Night-Lords-Legion-Terror-Squad-Upgrade-Pack-Heads

Check the one on the right in the second bottom line

Yep, you got it. Great spot!

Why do you think that Charlo?

Everything is, from what I saw anyway, WYSIWYG.

So his scouts are on 32mm, so?

If anything, the larger base sizes are overall worse for the marine player, fewer guys inside auras, and harder to get large units into combat all together.

I noticed it was a lot harder to get my squads of DC all within range when I swapped to 32mm.

Why do you think that Charlo?

Everything is, from what I saw anyway, WYSIWYG.

So his scouts are on 32mm, so?

If anything, the larger base sizes are overall worse for the marine player, fewer guys inside auras, and harder to get large units into combat all together.

I noticed it was a lot harder to get my squads of DC all within range when I swapped to 32mm.

I also put my scouts on 32mm Bases because I thought it looked cool. It’s not really a problem.

It’s understandable when some people complain about characters with auras that are mounted on larger bases, but if the model is a kitbash perhaps and simply needs a bigger base, then that’s no issue for me. Unless it’s super ridiculous, like a Primaris captain on a 60mm base standing behind a gun line...

What exactly do you mean you couldn’t fit all DC inside an aura? Which one are you referring to? :)

I only know that the SoS affects models inside its aura and pretty much all other auras work if one model of the squad is within for the whole squad to get the bonus.

What a mouthful, hope you get what I mean. :D

I really like the army but for games it'd be very problematic with the base sizes and embiggened models.

I'll go out on a limb, but I don't think Migs does "games"...

The first paragraph literally says he wants to play with them, later in the article he says he was building for adepticon, then talks about his practice games.

Scouts on 32s look awesome, but aren't great for games. I put one unit in them and would stick with 25mm, especially for snipers. Easier to hide.