Executioners 4th Battle Co. (WIP consolidated)

Executioners 4th Battle Company:

99+ years into their penitent crusade

So being a long time lurker with minimal posts over the years I’m still getting the hang of this all. This thread is my attempt to consolidate the finishing pieces of my Executioners quasi-battle company; during the final days of their return from the penitent crusade they embarked on post Badab, in hopes of earning the right to recruit again, return to their home world, and regain what honor they lost with the high lords of terra.

At this point I’ve got like three-five separate threads going and now realize not a real efficient way to do it. So if any moderators read this, my apologies and noob-ness; I lease feel free to send those to the eternity gates for threads; as I’ll simplify and continue to post my Executioners WIP here, and in a single post in the Hall as well.

I’m working on many of the characters last as I wanted to complete as much as the bulk of the army and squads first. I’ll be posting that progress here.

First we have the Executioners 4th company captain or ‘warlord’. I’ve been leaning toward the name Gurion for him, but pretty happy overall with the model. He can count as a proxy for The Great Wolf Logan Grimnar game wise or just a Capt. in TDA with what you see is what you get;

gallery_69148_16116_679346.jpeg

gallery_69148_16116_490748.jpeg

http://bolterandchainsword.com/uploads/gallery/album_16116/gallery_69148_16116_1019243.jpeg[/

gallery_69148_16116_890634.jpeg

As always feedback appreciated. Not looking to chop the model up too much, but any editing you think would improve it, or any basic additions let me know!

Well, when I was building the model the original plastic haft broke, so I pinned it and then used the plastic tube to thicken it up a bit. I’ve used this trick before and once painted it simply looks like part of the weapons haft/shaft. On the plus side it def won’t break again and allowed me to angle the axe head a little forward for a more aggressive look. I guess that could be the housing for the power source/generator as well!

• 2 weeks later...

Executioners Libby:

Chief Spirit Walker Forseti, Watchman, the one who presides, the reconciliator:

gallery_69148_16116_231644.jpeg

gallery_69148_16116_485758.jpeg

gallery_69148_16116_252293.jpeg

Very early stages of my Chief Libby for my Executioners’ project. Happy so far. Some more work to be done to his axe and maybe a fur cloak, larger psychic cables from the hood per new GS work cable maker. Gonna add something to his back or top of terminator plate to give him some height too. Idea is the storm shield is a chapter relic from their Imperial Fist roots.

Edited by Yosef Hausakluif

Updates:

gallery_69148_16116_510142.jpeg

gallery_69148_16116_541889.jpeg

gallery_69148_16116_507149.jpeg

Pretty happy with the additions I made. First time using the GS world tube maker. Pretty cool but tough connecting it to the model then and not messing it up. Might add a little more depth and GS to the fur cloak. And also not pick work on the connection point of the one GS cable on his left side back. What do you all think!?

Also need to work on finish of the power axe. Maybe something on top of it. Work or totems on the haft?

Edited by Yosef Hausakluif