Advice on building a Sanguinary Guard spam list

momerathe

If you want to see a great video of him Debriefing his list, how he uses it and play style check this out:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zXao5rWK5Ws

What is the relic Stephen is talking about in this video that allows to re-roll a dice?

You gotta be more specific. Which dice?

I am guessing he is talking about Icon of the Angel to reroll charges.

Battalion 1

Lemartes

Astrorath

5 scouts

W/Chainsword on sgt

5 scouts

W/Chainsword on sgt

5 scouts

W/Chainsword on sgt

13 death company

W/Jump packs/5 thunder hammers

Sanguinary ancient

W/power fist/warlord/standard of sacrifice/heroic bearing(this is important making everything fearless

8 vanguard vets

W/jump pack/2 thunder hammers/2 power fists/8 storm shields

2nd battalion

Sanguinary priest

W/jump pack/icon of the angel(again very important making sure everyone makes it into combat)

The sanguinor

5 scouts

W/Chainsword on sgt

5 scouts

W/Chainsword on sgt

5 scouts

W/Chainsword on sgt

8 sanguinary guard

W/2 power fists/6 swords

8 sanguinary guard

W/2 power fists/6 swords

8 sanguinary guard

W/2 power fist/6 swords

I believe this was the last list he (Steve box) used before quarantine

12 command pts so enough to do everything and anything blood angel would want to do.

Me personally, I’d never leave home without cpt smash with angels wing but his (Steve box) argument is that the over watch isn’t a big problem and a lot of the times scouts can eat the overwatch, but setting up your objectives in the midfield and aggressive deploying helps, creating pocket for the jump death star to move into, he recommends if going second just deploy everything.

He deploys the entire army as a Death Star except the scouts, the death company go eat something straight away while staying in the characters aura buffs by conga lining and the veterans are good at blocking Stuff and can punch back.

Again not my list, like I said I’d never leave home without cpt smash with Angels wing.

I actually differ from box quite a lot in that I actually like Intercessors and I run 2 bats and a vanguard detachment with mephiston I don’t take lemartes, to be honest I don’t like Death Stars, don’t get me wrong I run sanguinary guard, sanguinor, priest and astrorath all in one unit but I can’t deploy my army in a big lump like he does

Battalion 1

Lemartes

Astrorath

5 scouts

W/Chainsword on sgt

5 scouts

W/Chainsword on sgt

5 scouts

W/Chainsword on sgt

13 death company

W/Jump packs/5 thunder hammers

Sanguinary ancient

W/power fist/warlord/standard of sacrifice/heroic bearing(this is important making everything fearless

8 vanguard vets

W/jump pack/2 thunder hammers/2 power fists/8 storm shields

2nd battalion

Sanguinary priest

W/jump pack/icon of the angel(again very important making sure everyone makes it into combat)

The sanguinor

5 scouts

W/Chainsword on sgt

5 scouts

W/Chainsword on sgt

5 scouts

W/Chainsword on sgt

8 sanguinary guard

W/2 power fists/6 swords

8 sanguinary guard

W/2 power fists/6 swords

8 sanguinary guard

W/2 power fist/6 swords

I believe this was the last list he (Steve box) used before quarantine

12 command pts so enough to do everything and anything blood angel would want to do.

Me personally, I’d never leave home without cpt smash with angels wing but his (Steve box) argument is that the over watch isn’t a big problem and a lot of the times scouts can eat the overwatch, but setting up your objectives in the midfield and aggressive deploying helps, creating pocket for the jump death star to move into, he recommends if going second just deploy everything.

He deploys the entire army as a Death Star except the scouts, the death company go eat something straight away while staying in the characters aura buffs by conga lining and the veterans are good at blocking Stuff and can punch back.

Again not my list, like I said I’d never leave home without cpt smash with Angels wing.

I actually differ from box quite a lot in that I actually like Intercessors and I run 2 bats and a vanguard detachment with mephiston I don’t take lemartes, to be honest I don’t like Death Stars, don’t get me wrong I run sanguinary guard, sanguinor, priest and astrorath all in one unit but I can’t deploy my army in a big lump like he does

Almost completely correct. 4th of March he posted that list as his latest on the BA discord. The DC only have 4 Thunderhammers, the Sanguinary Ancient has an Encarmine Sword and isn't the Warlord, the Vanguard Veterans have 4 Thunderhammers as well and finally The Sanguinor is the Warlord. :wink:

This is how his army usually looks like deployed:

image0.jpg

On note of the Smash Captain, he also mentions how the Vanguard Veterans replace him without eating up all your CP.

However he is also playtesting other variants, like one with only one Battalion and two Vanguard detachments so he can fit in more Vanguard Veterans.

Edited by Panzer

Yeah, I have to say that “giant death ball” isn’t my preferred mode of play either...

That jump pack on the veteran on the right of the Sanguinor...can anybody tell me where that is from? I’ve never seen it before!

I think it's from Antor Delassio - the BA Deathwatch veteran from Cassius's Kill-Team.

Good catch, Majkhel! That’s where it’s from! The model itself is okay, but that JP I could use. Checking out eBay now :)