finally saw Helsreach

so... boy what i was missing!!!

initialy i didn't see the point of watching the Helsreach film, as i had bought and read the novel right when it came out. but seeing it on screen, after all these years...

the creepy sounds of Titans fighting each other amongst all the chaos...

the moment that sent chills down my spine when Primus looked upon the fallen Bayard, hesitant to draw the Black Sword feeling the weight of responsibility in the act...

Grimaldus being the epitome of willpower that he is...

but most of all, the film showed the character growth of several of the protagonists better than the book.

heck, even inspired me to glue a new command squad/apothecary/banner bearer.

Edited by MarshalMittermeier

A triumph. The tip of the spear of fan made, excellent content.

“Priamus! You are the last Emperor’s Champion of the Helsreach Crusade! Now recover your blade!!!!”

The book was fantastic and Mr Boylan did a great job.

...I know lieutenants are more useful than Emperor's Champion, but how can you watch that scene and NOT include one in your army :D

• 2 weeks later...

lol, got my first Primaris unit today (Aggressors) and i am so happy :tongue.: tempted to start a thread with my Crusade, but i am kinda shy due to having poor painting skills.

THE CRUSADE IS ETERNAL!

Due diligence and visibility before the chapter will only lead you to improve your skills.  We do not shy away from His gaze!  Our glory is to serve Him in all things!  Preparation for battle is where our first victory is achieved!

Everyone here, once a neophyte, globbed unthinned paint onto an unfortunate model in ages past.  You are better than you were, and you shall be better than you are.  Nobody will shame you for doing the Emperor's work!