40k'ing up the Guard

jaxom

Some of the old artwork from Jes Goodwin is quite distinctive, being at the same time enough technological for a sci-fi setting but "gothic" enough for the special snowflake of WH40k (something I agree, the actual available range is quite lacking):

136565136068.jpg

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-pFRjrQiYqgs/UMs5sioQdMI/AAAAAAAAPR4/59WGErf8ld0/s1600/jes2173ck2.jpg

The pictures don't seem to be working for me, I don't see Guardsmen, just piles of money... Oh well. :biggrin.:

Some of the old artwork from Jes Goodwin is quite distinctive, being at the same time enough technological for a sci-fi setting but "gothic" enough for the special snowflake of WH40k (something I agree, the actual available range is quite lacking):

136565136068.jpg

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-pFRjrQiYqgs/UMs5sioQdMI/AAAAAAAAPR4/59WGErf8ld0/s1600/jes2173ck2.jpg

The pictures don't seem to be working for me, I don't see Guardsmen, just piles of money... Oh well. :biggrin.:

Agreed, if I could have a Necromunda or Taymyr Guard army, I would start one just like that. Looks like GeeDubs is sitting on potential money printers again, and cranking another up to overdrive.

Agreed, if I could have a Necromunda or Taymyr Guard army, I would start one just like that. Looks like GeeDubs is sitting on potential money printers again, and cranking another up to overdrive.

Haha. Yep. And they have been for 20 something years, these pictures were in one of the books from 2nd edition.