Carcharodons: from the outer darkness they came

Carcharodons

After reading Red Tithe and Outer Darkness, I have a squad of Red Brethren terminators built up which I’ll post some pics of later, but wanted to show my first test model from the squad. Pretty happy overall, but still need to work on the exile markings a bit. Also need some washes here and there and some cleaning up; but let me know what you think!

gallery_69148_16116_247653.jpeg

gallery_69148_16116_875607.jpeg

gallery_69148_16116_771420.jpeg

gallery_69148_16116_150192.jpeg

Thanks Badgers; this model on the squad has at least 4-5 layers of paint on it prev., part of my 7 year old son’s experiments in panting.

I will def thin the base layer paint for the next 4, and thanks for the feedback and comments! (I was trying to get coverage over what lay underneath!)

Thanks hushrong. I might add a skull on a wire/grisly trophy to his chest to hide the thicker paint job there. Also already added red dags to the top rim of his chest plate and will send an updated pic after work tonight. Edited by Yosef Hausakluif

Looking forward to seeing the updated pic.

I honestly would say leave him be and start painting the next batch with thinner paints/newer techniques you learn. So you can see what the start of your project looked like and then see how it progressed down the road. Def do trophies on newer additions. I wonder if you can get some small hooks and skulls to adorn these guys.

If you mean the first model in the picture sequence, that’s actually an old school 1st or 2nd (?) edition terminator lightning claw in all pure lead! I’ll possibly strip it if it’s original paint as it was from a Space Wolf back in the day when they were more of a sky blue grey color scheme. Thanks for the advice. More pics of my test model and updates to follow tonight after work. I figured I’d give the ‘sgt’ of the squad a different weapon other than just a PF, and also since I used the Red Wakes body for this one. Edited by Yosef Hausakluif

The terminator squad looks great. Well kitted our with some sweet posing.

Also, I think you should look into Tamiya’s clear red for blood effect. Especially on your sharks with chain weapons.

Thanks Hushrong. Funny how pics point out all I missed. Need to touch up the skulls a bit.

As far as blood splatter and chain weapons; when I first started I used Blood for the Blood god straight out the pot and stipples and painted on. Since I learned to start there and then add a little heavy black body wash from Secret Weapons to the said technical paint and then stipple again while first coat is still tacky. Gives it a much more realistic effect of gore at different stages of clotting and what not. Will be much better in the next models. Thanks agin!