Carnadons in 40k

Has anyone had any luck with them? I'm building up the vostroyans I've had sitting around for ages atm, I have two platoons and two squads worth of infantry, a regular russ, a unassembled demolisher, two unassembled sentinals and two chimeras (one assembled, one not).
I've seen the Carnadon, I really like the model and the idea of either the 4 lascannons or volkite loadout with the Vostroyan range bonus and +to hit stratagem is tempting.

However, is it any good? Or would I just be better off going for a another russ or a basalisk/hellhound?

I've proxied them a few times and they're alright. Nothing amazing but not lacking in worth either. The problem with then in the current meta is that, as a forgeworld unit, they'll be incompatible with a lot of bonuses our army can give them. Many traits and tank aces are tied to keywords, like Leman Russ, and that exempts the carnodon. A leman russ gets so much extra mileage out of detachments, stratagems, and other abilities that carnodons don't have.