Hopes for 9th Edition?

Well, for starters I hope the Black Rage point system in crusade isn't super harsh, to the point where I become Angel's Vermillion level submission to the rage.

I hope the reworked terrain is as good as they say it is. And I hope BA gets specific stratagems that keep units from a free fall back that isn't terrible for the CP like cut them down is.

Looking forward to new codex and more blood angel fluff, hoping we get the primaris death company with jump packs, primaris Dante with new primaris honour guard all with jump packs, redemptor furioso and maybe an impulsor with at least 4 heavy onslaught cannons or twin ironhail autocannons on it Edited by redshadow

Looking forward to finding out how Black Rage works in Crusade. Looking forward to Assault Intercessors and hope we get Veteran and Death Coy versions. I want to see how well the multipart Assault Intercessors mesh with bolt rifle/assault bolt rifles to have some running/charging Intercessors as I think it suits ours, and the Space Puppies’, aggressiveness.

Where is a good Inquisitorial quote when you need one...

Hope is a Lie?

Hope leads to damnation?

Bah!

Ive been playing this game for so long that i cant see any kind of change stopping me. But i am more excited for my TS then my BA.

“Hope is the first step on the road to disappointment.” is the 40k one that always comes to mind.

My big hope is the terrain and mission rules land well, 8th often felt very flat and gimmicky with the command point strategm combos being more important than the shape of the actual battlefiled. Something that moves away from the 'my army does this' setup to more 'I need to play my army over the terrain against my opponents use of the terrain' is needed to draw back a bunch of our guys who have mostly been playing other games the last year or so. 

I know it is never going to happen, but:

All our old (jump) infantry units updated to primaris stats but no new model style. I really don't like the silly new jump models.

Old assault marines as troops. Either company veteran squads with jump packs or Vanguard Veterans with what used to be special weapons, not just pistol :censored:.

Edited by Quixus

So one thing I would like is for the unit numbers becoming AoS where you have to take in increments of x number.

So for Marines you can take 5 or 10 not off numbers like 6-9 etc.

Some of the best aspects of sigmar is the list building and critiquing abilities. Now this would also force ITC changes as things like assault centueions or dev ones would give maximum gangbusters points. One schtick is to take 5 instead of six.

I think these changes would be good and could certainly increase the levels of list building.

So one thing I would like is for the unit numbers becoming AoS where you have to take in increments of x number.

Some of the best aspects of sigmar is the list building and critiquing abilities. Now this would also force ITC changes as things like assault centueions or dev ones would give maximum gangbusters points. One schtick is to take 5 instead of six.

I think these changes would be good and could certainly increase the levels of list building.

That's basically how it is using power level. You're not really forced to take the max, but there's no reason not to unless you just don't have the models. 

For the most part, I would be fine with that change, though. That's how I generally do things anyway. The only times where I have 6 or 7 models are when I can't find anything else to do with those points at the end of making a list. 

What's so bad about 6-9 marines?

It prompts the same penalty as having 10 marines which means you don't benefit from having under strength squads anymore. This usually was done to help with morale and other penalties anyway so it discourages that behavior completely. At least that's what I think is the issue.

• 4 weeks later...

This is more of a pie-in-the-sky hope for the game, but I really want an edition that balances pseudo-realism with playability, player agency, and genuine risk-reward tactical and strategic decisions without the head-scratching axioms that persist. i.e. "all or nothing" charges where you have to roll 2D6 and if you're 1" off you completely fail. Personally, I would prefer automatic charges, but the distance you roll determines whether the enemy gets Overwatch, what bonuses you get, etc... 

So far 8th seems to be moving a bit more in the direction(s) I would prefer, but we shall see.

A more realistic hope is not needing 5 different publications to play a single army. And, in fairness, with Digital + print codexes, there seems to be progress in that direction. 

I am not sure, but GW isn't in the business of giving us what we love, like sensible weapon and unit options, instead of you only get what's on the sprue of the primaris units, and we take a way what was previously legal in the old units because it is not on the sprue. Edited by Quixus