Chaos Terminator lord or sorcerer

I want to build my chaos terminator lord/sorcerer futur proof, meaning magnetizing all weapons.

But, what is the official difference between lord and sorcerer in term of miniature? what distinguish them from each other?

It is possible to build one body and say, from one game to another game , the mini is a lord or a sorcerer? (of course, with their possible respective weapon magnetized)

(main visual difference I see on the kit are: spikes, tabard, and heads... but nothing really official at the end of the day as he is just a terminator)

Practically it's the weapons. A Sorcerer will have a force weapon of some kind (stave is common), what that is and how it looks is another question :P There are some weapons the Lord can have that the Sorcerer can't but it mostly comes down to the "feel" of the model. Sorcerers are a good excuse to make your space wizard look arcane and fancy so that's what most people do, but most of the models are the same. A Terminator is a Terminator, as is a combi-bolter etc :P

So, it is safe to say: as long as all the weapons are magnetized, I can do whatever terminator I want, to play BOTH lord and sorcerer?

For sure. There are no rules requiring anything of you in this regard. Has more to do with your preferences and communicating the load out to your opponent.