Legion and Cult Trait (speculation)

Next week Fabius Bile and his creations appear on the scene. One thing I wonder is: Is the Trait Fabius confers to his army instead of a Legion Trait or in addition to the Legion trait? If the later, that could be an interesting way to distinguish Chaos from Loyalist Marines. Chaos Marines could get a Legion Trait as now, but the whole Army (the Hereticus Astartes at least) gets a Cult trait dependent what model is used as a Warlord.

Some Chaos Lord could confer advantages in CP generation or flanking, others in melee.

Apostles for morale and for the cultists

Sorcerors for magic and summoning

Warpsmiths for shooting and vehicles

So two armies from the same legion could vary quiet a bit with different Warlords and their cult traits. 

What do you think? (either on the idea or if the Fabius trait is in addition)

Did you think for a second you were playing loyalist and getting an army wide legion trait, a mono bonus with free -ap and then a second legion trait? No sir, you play chaos. You get a poopy trait that only applies to infantry, bikes and brutes and you'll like it! Hahaha. Edited by Putrid Choir

To be fair, that is a *REALLY* nice legion trait for us as a codex, and Fabius himself is a plug+play character for any Chaos Space Marine list as he doesn't disrupt other legion traits if you just wanted his buffs (T5 on demand is very nice for multiple units) 

It favors our book and our playstyle (up close) and is a solid option for people sick of Alphas. 

Obviously the big choices are Possessed, Princes, and other big gribblies. 

Could *potentially* make a blob of other marines viable as well in the right circumstances. We don't know what his other strats are but the 2 they showed off are great so its a decent little start. 

Eagerly awaiting the rest. 

I'm hoping we will be able to have units with the god keywords in the army. We would need to be able to for Daemon princes (I despise that fluff change they pulled), but I'd really like to see enhanved Berzerkers with the trait.

I'm surprised that we don't have any army rules for picking armies on the god keywords yet to be honest. It's one of the best bits in AoS that the chaos armies have a few different ways to run them. Trading in your Slaves to Darkness army wide rules for the Slaanesh ones if you want etc.

It's the one thing that I've found disappointing about 8th and now 9th approaches to detachments, that they penalise you for running chaos armies in the way they're depicted in the background - a ragtag assortment of smaller warbands working together (probably briefly) and comprising Traitor Guard, Cultists, Heretic Astartes of various warbands, Daemons and Chaos Knights etc.

Khorne Daemonkin looked like that was the direction we were going but that's been abandoned in between in 40k but realised to perfection in AoS since. Hoping 9th sees them re-explore this in 40k

Edited by Elazar The Glorified